Chapter 75: Konoha-12

Barbecue- Yakiniku-Q was a popular restaurant that mainly served Barbecue, but also served alcohol to the legal-aged. Other dishes were also served as the restaurant grew with time. Civilians attended this place regularly, but one could always find a shinobi group who would either celebrate or come to catch a breath in the busy shinobi life. 

Right now, it was awkwardly silent, even though Naruto was giving them all a friendly smile. She looked at Kiba, Ino and Lee who were the only ones that could start a good conversation anytime. Sasuke had an emo cloud hovering above him; Sakura was too blunt and rude for her own good; Hinata was shy; Shino was stoic and silent; Shikamaru was lazy; Chouji was focused only on the food before him; Neji was stoic; Tenten herself seemed slightly uncomfortable at the silence and breaking it. 

Lee started, "Good to see you, Naruto-kun. You are brimming with youth." Naruto smiled back. "Good to see you as well. You seem very youthful as well." Others sweat-dropped at Naruto using the word 'youth'.

"So," Naruto said. "I see you guys are well. What do you all do?" Ino was quick to reply. "I'm training under my dad for T&I Division. Team 10 is training under our fathers as special team. Chouji is putting up a small restaurant of his. Shikamaru is working under the Hokage, going through various positions under his dad. 

Hinata is trying to prove herself a worthy main family member. Her father wants to see if she is fit to be a clan leader, else he would choose Neji. Neji plans to join ANBU. Shino and Kiba are working to be their own clan heirs. Shino seems inclined towards teaching, while Kiba began proclaiming that one fine day that he would be Hokage."

Ino rolled her eyes when Kiba began declaring the same again.

"Lee is teaching taijutsu to the kiddos in Academy. Tenten is taking after her father's weapon store. She herself is an excellent weapon-user. Sakura-forehead plans to be a doctor, currently working as an intern. Finally, Sasuke-kun is the Second-in-Command in the Konoha Police Force under his father."

Naruto was amazed at the progress of her peers, but even more so at how updated Ino was. "Wow guys! That's so cool. And Ino, you surely are doing a good job knowing about everyone. I must recommend Tsunade-sama to keep you under her command." She praised and Ino blushed slightly at the praise. 

"Yeah, well, speaking of the Medic Kage, I too am training in medic jutsu alongside a doctor. I want to be the medic-nin of team 10 so that I can reduce the damage Shikamaru's laziness causes us in missions." She joked while said Nara simply muttered 'what a drag'.

"By the way, we also have Sai-kun, who for some reason- mission he said- is unavailable today." Ino said. Naruto knew perfectly well who Sai was. He was of the same age as the Rookie-9. Sai was initially a Root ANBU under Danzo who had put him in Team Kakashi in place of Naruto for his own purposes (a.k.a a spying the Hokage and the Uchiha clan heir- Sasuke). Sai had been sent to attend ANBU missions under the Hokage where he met Akira, the Assistant Commander. Her company had triggered his emotions back that had been suppressed under Danzo's teachings.He seemed to be attracted to Ino by a strange quirk of fate and the girl had helped evolve his emotions too.

Soon, Naruto had Tsunade pull him out of Root ANBU along with many others. She had removed the seal on them, removing Danzo's authority over them. These former Root ANBU were integrated either as the ANBU under Hokage or simple Jounin. After the stunt of revealing herself before the ANBU a week ago, Naruto approached Sai to keep the matter hush within himself. The pale, black-haired boy was only too glad to have her trust.

Nevertheless, Naruto asked, "Sai? Tsunade-sama did say something about my replacement in the team. So he is Sai?" Ino nodded. "We are currently dating." She said with glee. Naruto smirked. "So there has been tea. I want in!"