Chapter 77: The Kage Summit

Naruto sighed. "We have good shinobi among Jounin like you, but one can't deny that the ANBU are ideal. However, masks aren't allowed. I don't want to jeopardize their hidden identities and their safety."

Kakashi hummed thoughtfully. "That is a problem. For you anyway." Naruto raised a brow. "You say that the ANBU should be sent since the strongest Jounin are well-known and are not exactly in the good books of the other villages. Then again, you are afraid that the ANBU who attend unmasked would get on the bad side of the other Kage, ultimately endangering them."

Naruto nodded hesitating, realizing how ridiculous it sounded. Kakashi continued, "Now I know that the ANBU form a separate family of their own and you care for your family." Naruto's suspicions were confirmed, but it didn't stop her from freezing on the inside. Kakashi knew she was in ANBU. What else did this Jounin know?

He continued lazily as if he didn't blow up a secret. "You of all people know the occupational hazards of an ANBU, you are one yourself. Don't worry, they are more than capable. You can recommend your choices to the Commander or his Assistant, and Tsunade-sama." He sighed wistfully. "You have always been her favourite for some reason."

Naruto understood that she was being naive and she could send strong shinobi from ANBU. They would later on be hidden by their masks, after all. She herself might go in disguise. Kakashi's 'too cool for you' attitude can push the Tsuchikage to the edge and Mei would flirt with him. He was a good shinobi alright, but this was a meet for diplomats. The strength of a shinobi is only being noted for the safety of the Kage and to prove that the village they represent is strong.

Naruto was amused at the sigh Kakashi gave and cooed, "Aww, is Ni-san jealous of this poor blonde kid?" Kakashi glared at her with one eye. She chuckled. Speaking of which, "You know, I could try fix the hidden eye of yours." She offered. Kakashi raised his visible eyebrow. "How?"

 She explained, "Well, the Uchiha activate the Sharingan by sending excess chakra to the eyes, and deactivate it by removing the same. You can't do that since the Sharingan isn't yours and you don't have the Uchiha blood to support it. I will place a seal on your eye that would enable you to activate and deactivate the eye like the other Uchiha. You can preserve the chakra that is being wasted unnecessarily as the Sharingan is active. Kakashi nodded happy and relieved.

Naruto put on a seal on the eye as she said and it took hardly five minutes, surprising Kakashi. "You are very good at this. Sealing." He commented. She smiled and shook her head. "Not so much. Ero-Sennin is much better." She lied. "Now try deactivating and activating your left eye." He tried and it went almost smoothly. It was slightly disorienting at first, since it was out of habit of what the brain saw through eyes and what his chakra network had been accustomed to for two decades. It went as smooth as the flow of a river in the second time. 

Naruto grinned. "Now that that's done and I have somewhere else to be, I will be leaving now. Thank you for your hospitality, Kaka-Nisan." She bowed and began walking out. She stopped at the door and turned back. "How did you know that I was in ANBU?" She asked and he grinned.

 "A drunk night, last night to be precise. Raidou was celebrating Genma's engagement with Izumi." Despite grinning, he couldn't help but answer at the eerily cold voice and smile of the question, that was vaguely familiar. "What else did he tell you?" She asked again. "He just let a slip that you were in ANBU, then ranted about how the Commander and his Assistant would torture and kill him for breaking their rule and trust. He seemed to feel more awful than scared and ran away."

Naruto smiled sweetly, too sweet and cold, he thought. "You should know that it's a secret for a reason, even if the reason is unknown. So be warned. I know of your nasty habit of slipping secrets and hinting at innuendos. I suggest you keep your mouth shut about this. Even at the graves and stones you attend. Raidou will be pranked." She threatened. Kakashi gulped and nodded.