Chapter 107: Trouble Resolved

Previously:

"Let me get straight to the point. For past few weeks, obnoxious and false rumours on Uzumaki Naruto have been spread across Konoha. An investigation was done and it led us to you three. Do you have anything to say for yourselves?" She asked.

Sakura was unsurprisingly quick to defend. "We have done no such thing. I have done no such thing!"

Now:

Tsunade interrupted her in a calm voice, "As I said, the investigation led to you three."

"So what? We were passing on what we heard and thought was true."

"Haruno! You would do good to keep down your volume. Or have you forgotten who Konoha's Hokage is?" Tsunade raised a brow in challenge.

Sakura shrunk immediately in the face of power. "Forgive me, Hokage-sama."

"You say you've heard from someone. Who is it?"

"Ma'am, I heard from several people, I couldn't remember all of them."

"Haruno, let me tell you something. There are sensors and Byakugan-users in this room. I, myself, am a skilled medic. We can tell if you are lying or not, and that, was certainly a lie."

Ino finally relented, "Hokage-sama, I apologize for my follies. Sakura told me that whatever she told about Naruto was true and that she saw the evidence."

"And you believed her?"

"Yes. I thought it was true, because we Konoha-12 know that Naruto is not the brightest person. I was convinced to do so." Ino admitted.

Tsunade laid back on her chair, "What do you say, ANBU?"

All ANBU nodded their heads, acknowledging that the Yamanaka was telling the truth.

"Just because you thought you know something doesn't give the right for you to shame people. Yamanaka Ino, your are just as guilty as the two here. You will face your punishment." She looked at Genma in ANBU attire. "You! Take her to T&I, specifically to Yamanaka Inoichi. Keep her locked there and await further orders."

Ino allowed herself to be taken as she sobbed quietly. She couldn't even oppose. Not with the seals that restricted her movement and her chakra.

"Now," Tsunade pinned the other two with her glare, "What do you two have to say?"

Sakura shivered under the gaze and the killing intent. Sasuke felt unnerved as well, but still held his mouth.

"It is clear that the two of you are behind the rumours, unless you have proof that there is someone behind you as well. Your testimony is required here. Have the two of you created false gossips against Uzumaki Naruto? Why? ANSWER ME!" Tsunade commanded.

Sakura began crying, not silently like Ino had, but ugly tears. "I'm sorry, Hokage-sama. I shall never do it again. Please forgive me!"

"Haruno. Why. Have. You. Done. It?"

"Sasuke-ku - kun said... so." Sakura hiccuped.

"And you followed him because?"

"Because... Because..." Sakura sniffled before finally finding something, "Because that Baka Naruto is an idiot who deserves to suffer like this! Just because people labelled him as a War Hero doesn't mean he isn't a mindless foolish monster!"

The ANBU and the Hokage stiffened at that. "Haruno Sakura." Tsunade began in the stern way demanded from a Kage, not her usual brashness. "You are a woman with no morals. Not only have you swayed to the words of a man who is not your significant other, you have caused chaos in the village for selfish reasons and have spread false rumours. You will be punished severely. For starters, your application as a doctor, that was almost given approval by me a week ago, will be cancelled and you will be barred from medic work till I say. A doctor is supposed to save lives, not ruin them."