Chapter 43: Uchiha Sasuke vs Uzumaki Naruto

"Namikaze Naruto, I give you chakra and you waste it on mere clones?" Kurama chided. "Look at his birth marks Onii-sama. The two dots on the forehead, the kohl. He must be from the Kaguya clan. I heard it was extinct. Trust Orochimaru to hide away the last of extinct clans for his own selfish purposes. If Itachi-kun had massacred his clan then, the snake would go after either him or his brother." 
"He is doing the same, you idiot. He is after Sasuke now, if you didn't realize till now." Naruto remained silent for her own good.

Few clones attacked Kimimaro, only to be dispelled by... bone attacks? 'He keeps popping bones as if there are replacements. Oh yes, that was what the clan was famous for.' 'Stupid kit.' 'What could've happened to this Kaguya for him to become a loyal servant of Orochimaru?' Naruto mused.

The clones began a taijutsu battle, but it was getting beyond difficult. If a bone in hand is lost, he gets another. When they try to hit a blind spot or a weak spot, or any spot for that mater, a bone pops there in defense, piercing the clone, dispelling it.

Naruto wanted to use the prototype of her new jutsu, a version of Rasengan. But she had to corner him. "Earth Release: Earth Dragon Jutsu; Earth Style: Mud walls." A mud dragon chased Kimimaro who defeated it, only to find himself trapped in between mud walls. Naruto was running low on chakra, so she infused Senjutsu Chakra through a clone. She created a Rasenshuriken and released it on a trapped Kimimaro.

It worked. Or would've if the victim hadn't activated his Curse Seal to stage two on time. Naruto cursed, only to be reprimanded by Kurama, again. She was preparing plans since this Kimimaro was stronger and faster on a new level.

Naruto had never been more happy to hear the cries of 'Youth' and see a green spandex. "Lee-san!" "Naruto-kun, I've rushed as soon as I heard from Tsunade-sama." Rock Lee said. "Thank-" Her gratitude was interrupted by a blast. All three looked in the direction of the barrel. There was smoke. When it cleared, they saw their target-Sasuke. He turned partially and looked at Naruto with one eye before he smirked and ran away.

Before he ran away, Naruto saw glimpses of seen visible and the left side had tattoos like the ones during the second round of Chunin exams. She couldn't see his face, however. His chakra had good amount of malice. "The seal is doing its job well." Kimimaro broke the silence as Sasuke took off. Lee and Naruto proceeded to follow him, but were stopped. "I can't let you hinder the progress of Orochimaru's vessel. It is the least I can do since I am incapable of being his vessel." Kimimaro stated. Naruto was confused. Why would Orochimaru reject such  powerful shinobi with an excellent bloodline power as a vessel? 

Lee broke her out of her thoughts. "Naruto-kun, You must go." He didn't wait for reply and charged at Kimimaro whose healing was almost completed by the seal- stage 2. "Konoha Gōriki Senpū( Leaf Strong Whirlwind)!" A strong, dusty whirlwind was created. Naruto muttered a 'Thanks' and ran after Sasuke under the cover of dust raised by Lee.

As a Konoha shinobi, her comrades were more important than the mission at hand. But she hoped for the sake of Konoha that her friends would be safe. Else the trust between the Uchiha clan and Konoha would be broken. She hoped that the help Tsunade would ask for would get on time to those who needed it. She didn't doubt Lee's skills. In fact, she admired them. But Orochimaru's Curse seal of Heaven was very troublesome, as Shikamaru would say. She hoped she would be able to defeat Sasuke quickly and return and help Lee before he suffered damage beyond repair.

She asked Kurama to fill her chakra reserves to full. She barely registered the clones with Chouji and Neji getting dispelled. She asked Kurama to go through them for now and tell her the outcome. She can't get distracted now, not when she was so close to Sasuke. The two of them had won, with some injuries. She would have to go through the memories later. She sent a clone to collect Senjutsu chakra just in case. She saw Sasuke ahead and picked up her pace. All of a sudden, he stopped, and she stopped a few feet away from him.