Chapter 7: Uchiha Coup d'etat: Meeting the Uchiha Clan Head

Naruto went to her Jiji masking her chakra completely which had been difficult due to her large reserves and having Kurama didn't help her either. So, the Biju couldn't blame her if she was jubilant enough to jump around, but she was polite enough not to do so. As she approached his office, she heard the ANBU being sent out in a tense voice. This meant that confidential information was being shared, and she decided to leave until she saw Itachi inside. Slipped in and hid in a corner she created with a special seal of hers. She listened to the conversations Sarutobi had with his advisors Homura and Koharu, and Danzo, while Itachi, who had relayed his information stayed silent.

The Uchiha clan had grown uneasy and were suspected to be planning a coup d'etat against Konoha. Her research later led her to possible reasons and she couldn't blame the clan for the possible treason. She was astonished to find that Shimura Danzo was suggesting and plotting the massacre of the Uchiha clan members and he was personally plotting the theft of the eyes of one Uchiha Shisui. Shisui was the best friend of Itachi and she found them together often sparring on a particular ground many a time.

She had to work fast. Time was running out. She had made elaborate plans, adjusting it whenever she got new information. She jumped off her father's head and sprinted to her house and disguised herself. A brown-haired teen with darker brown eyes, no whiskers (and she pouted for it for an hour, much to Kurama's irritation and amusement) with standard Konoha ANBU attire-a black sleeveless vest under a metal plate and black pants, without a mask. She approached Uchiha Fugaku, asked him for a private meeting.

Now, one may point out that the Doujutsu Sharingan and Byakugan can identify her chakra. Let me inform you that her fascination with seals was so great that she learnt as many as possible, from the oldest ones to the recently created ones, and also created some of her own. Needless to say, she was an expert in calligraphy. One of the seals in her repertoire was one which can change the chakra signature, another is one that allows a henge to be unrecognisable. This was her first time using those seals.

Now, facing the mighty Uchiha Fugaku, she applied privacy seals to the room they were seated in, after making sure no one was around the both with her sensory abilities, and began to talk.

"Greetings Fugaku-sama. I am Mina, an ANBU under Hokage-sama's direct command. I've come to discuss something with the leader of the Uchiha Clan, on behalf the Hokage." She addressed him. Fugaku greeted back, "Hn." She began "I've been noticing some uneasiness and distrust among the Uchihas as of late."

"What of it?" was the snapped response.

"To gain your trust, I have no choice but to come straight to the point. The clan is planning a coup d'etat, I believe." Fugaku's face hardened at the accusation. She continued, "I've seen the history and the background of the clan, and truth be told, I might have been doing the same if I were an Uchiha." A raised eyebrow expressed his surprise. "I understand that the Uchiha clan has been kept away from many affairs of the village, shunned from positions of power for a long time. I can't claim myself to empathise with you, since I've not been placed in your situation. But I can say that I'm a step closer to it after some thorough research in a short time. I must say, though, both parties are at fault somewhere."

"How dare you-"

"Please let me finish, Fugaku-sama. Let me express my opinions, and you can correct me after I finish. As I've told before, I am here on behalf of Hokage-sama and the village, questioning your reason to attack us. That being said, I'm accepting that even my party is at fault, if possible, even greater than yours."

Fugaku calmed a little.

"When I say that Nidaime-sama is at fault, I also disagree with that." Fugaku quirked a sceptical brow at that.

"Nidaime-sama was the only person beside Shodai-sama, to understand the Uchiha. He had been acquainted with Uchiha Madara for a long time. Based on his work, I understand that he knows the clan even better than his brother. He had been making elaborate plans to let the Uchiha clan settle into the village. Unfortunately, the plans were stopped mid-way due to his untimely death." Fugaku's face was stoic as ever, but his eyes showed the shock and surprise.

"His exact plans are unknown to all but him, and no one knows where he has stored the scrolls related. However, he had made brief sketches, dropping hints in other works of his. I'd like to propose a better plan. Well, perhaps not better-" She awkwardly scratched the back of her head with her hand before withdrawing it with a thought, 'Kuso, this habit of mine shall get me caught.' 'Oy Gaki, what did I say about cursing?' Kurama chided her. 'Hai, hai. Gomenasai' she apologized to the fox.

"I'd like to start meet the other clan members in your next clan meeting. I'd rather it be held as soon as possible, as we are running short of time for reasons, I shall mention later. Then, qualities of each Uchiha shall be assessed and they will be categorised into various departments working under the Hokage, like research, medicine, and not only in the Hokage's office and the Konoha Police Force (KPF). Speaking of the KPF, I shall make sure the Hokage gives authority to the police force as meant by Tobirama-sama, but has been deprived to them. That includes some of the jobs the ANBU currently do." Naruto then sighed as she muttered to herself, "The civilian council sure knows how to give me headaches." Fugaku had heard this and gave a ghost of a smirk, which went unnoticed by her.

"Hokage-sama shall see if he can do anything else, we shall also see what other demands the clan asks for." Naruto finished with a smile.

"But, if all fails, there is one last resort. I really hope it won't come to that." Naruto or Mina replied hesitantly, but with conviction in her voice.

"What is it?" Fugaku spoke a full sentence for the first time.

"Well..."

Cliff Hanger!!!!

What do you think?

[A/N: How do you want the 4th Ninja war to end?

1. with Kaguya (same as canon)

2. with Kaguya (slightly different from canon)

3. with Madara (try suggesting reasons)

4. with Obito

What do you want Itachi and Shisui's primary summons to be? I'm thinking this:

-> Itachi has Eagle

-> Shisui has Crow.

When I say primary summons, I mean they might also have other summoning contracts, but I am asking about the most important ones.

And I don't want dragons or phoenixes. Please....😅

I just wanted to get the opinions of my readers, and depending on what answers and votes I get, I shall continue. In the meanwhile, please enjoy reading this and the other chapters.

READ, REVIEW, COMMENT &VOTE!!!

NamikazeNaruto20]