Chapter 116: Love is in the air...

'You say my family is crazy, but it would be yours as well, my love.'

- No one

...

I'm reminding my readers once again: female form of the protagonist shall be henceforth mentioned as Namiko, and her male form as Naruto.

Till something happens...

No sooner did the Uchiha and Inuzuka clans get over the post-engagement party hangovers, did the clan matriarchs declared wedding to be held the next month. Tsume and Mikoto were a force of nature and most other ladies couldn't help but share the enthusiasm as the planning began. Their male counterparts could only look on before some of them helped out with the occasional manual labour.

Namiko looked in helpless amusement as Shisui sputtered out unheard protests with a pale Hana beside him. Itachi had that smug smirk that told her he would laugh this away in private later. Similar to how Kiba had been guffawing till Tsume roped him into work.

The Uchiha clan proudly and shamelessly spread the news of the engagement of one of their best clansmen with the Inuzuka princess. This apparently triggered various other diplomatic engagements.

...

Surprisingly, it was Kumogakure that first sent an envoy to Konoha to form an alliance based on matrimony.

.

"Let's begin the meeting."

"It is an honour to represent our Raikage-sama for this prestigious deal, Hokage-sama. I, Darui, along with my deputy, Eru, on behalf of Raikage-sama and our Daimyo, put forth the a proposal that Kumogakure and Kaminari no Kuni hope to succeed in favour of further strengthening our relationships with Konohagakure no Sato and Hi no Kuni."

"Well met, Darui-san, Eru-san. Meet Kato Shizune, advisor to the Hokage, Uchiha Shisui, trainee for Hokage position, and Nara Shikamaru, Hokage's advisor in training. Irrespective of the proposal and its future, we do wish for peaceful relations with your Shinobi village and your country. Please state your reason."

"It is our Raikage's wish to strengthen our relations from tentative alliances to a matrimonial one."

"...
I would never have thought Ay-sama to be inclining towards such methods, but it doesn't bode too badly as of now. I'm assuming he has a candidate in mind."

"Yes, ma'am. He has a couple of candidates in mind. The most prominent would be Jay, brother to Cee, who I believe you've met along with me in our previous meetings."

"Well, if he is anything like Cee, I personally won't have a problem with having him as a son-in-law. I'd normally have a council meeting of Konohagakure before going further with the proposal or learning about the other prospective brides and grooms, but I have a feeling I'd like to hear about the next candidate."

Darui gave a slight smirk, "The next one is Karui, one of the students of Killer Bee-sama, proficient in Kenjutsu, and more skilled in her Lightning Ninjutsu."

"Lightning Jutsu, huh, I've been told a lot about her Kenjutsu, but I've herad little about her Ninjutsu. But still, Karui? Is this a personal request? I'm not ignorant to the gossip around Konoha and the love stories, especially if they involve prominent figures out of the village."

Eru sighed with a smile, " You're not totally wrong, Hokage-sama, but I assure you, Raikage-sama has personally tested her out as a potential candidate. He's not ignorant to Akimichi-san courting her."