Chapter 98: Tale Of A Lost Uchiha

[A/N: I hope I'm not boring you all with numerous chapters...]

Naruto blocks the sudden strike, but is forced back a bit by the power in it. The resort to simple taijutsu, no weapons, as Madara narrated his story, Rinnegan glowing ethereally to potray brief images of the parts Madara could cot bring himself to speak...:

...

Madara's mother died no later than a year after his birth. Ryukyu had always been more of a shinobi on the frontlines than a woman who stayed at home and childbirth had weakened her. 

The Uchiha clan suffered a great loss as Madara cried for his mother.

Tajima took a second wife for the sake of heirs, Ryoma was Ryukyu's sister. She loved Madara like her own and the love was reciprocated. Ryoma wasn't as battle-hardened as her Aneki, but was a good shinobi of her own rights.

A couple of years later, Izuna entered the world. 

Then came Keichiro.

He was followed by twins Kuro, Taro.

Warring era witnessed numerous horrors in terms of morals and humanity. Securing the victory of one's own clan meant eradicating the future of the enemy's clan. Child-hunters of each clan were infamous.

So were bloodline thieves.

Keichiro was ambushed on the borders of the Uchiha lands by a Senju child-hunting squad. He lost his life at a tender age of 5.

An year later, Ryoma, who was travelling with her 4-year old twins, was attacked by the ruthless Hagoromo Clan. She survived, but her children didn't. Ryoma was left a mere shell of her past self at the deaths of her baby boys.

Madara was declared clan heir, and Izuna was the spare.

Tajima trained his children like all Uchiha fathers & clan heads. He was harsh, but he loved them nonetheless.

Madara had loved all his brothers deeply and swore to protect his last brother.

Izuna was a spoiled brat as a child and had visited the clan koi pond many a time, courtesy of Madara.

(Madara was never completely sure Izuna matured from his bratty stage)

The Kurama Clan was known for its Genjutsu. Once in a few generations, there came a prodigy in the clan whose Genjutsu was on par with the Uchiha, blending illusion with Reality. That ability had a flaw as the prodigy would be driven insane by his own skill.

Such members were to be taken care of by the clan head immediately. 

But the then clan head was too attached to his nephew to do so. The insane nephew caught an unsuspecting Madara, who was yet a kid and cast the worst Genjutsu possible- one where his family was alive and at peace. Where things felt wrong soon. Where Madara tried to warn his Genjutsu Family who ignored him. The consequences were gruesome.

The nephew was killed by his own cousin and clan heir and Kurama clan owed him a blood debt.

Madara could never look at his family the same ever again. 

He knew it had been a Genjutsu. But it felt so real that till date, he was nervous of anyone standing behind him, even when relieving himself.

Madara had dreamed of the various ways to keep Izuna safe.

The title of all of those ideas was named 'Peace' by a weird kid around his age he met at the Naka river, where he stayed to keep away from the clan members who refuse to move away the war routine of ages.