Chapter 87: Uchiha Obito

Madara looks a lot like Tajima, right? With those wrinkles and that hair...

They man they were facing had Sharingan in his right eye and Rinnegan in the left. The right half his face was scarred with many folds, the proof of the obstacle that forced his former teammates to abandon him to his apparent death.

Kakashi had built hope somewhere in his heart that the masked man he was fighting with could not be Obito. He hoped the possibility of the eye simply being borrowed or stolen. But the facial features beneath the scars had crushed his hopes. 

The question his voice had refused to let out was raised by Guy, "Are you really... Obito? I thought you were dead..."

"You can call me by that name if you want." The voice or Tobi, no Obito, had changed. It no longer resembled Madara's voice, but it was slightly raspy, caused by the strain of changing voice for many years. "It means nothing to me." 

"If you were alive, then why didn't you come forward sooner?" Kakashi asked as he felt betrayed. "It's irrelevant whether or not I had survived." Obito answered. "Although, I suppose, if you really want an answer, 

it's because you let Rin die."

 "Obito might not be happy with you. You should know that despite his late-blooming skills, he was still an Uchiha. And the biggest power of an Uchiha is love. It rivals the love of a Senju. Loss of love causes hate. Hence, the Uchiha's weapon was said to be hate. The Uchiha treasure their love. Rin might have had had a fickle crush on you, but Obito had loved her with all his heart. He will be affected badly by her death. But you were his best friend. You could understand him then. If he shows anger now, try understand him now. Remember, Uchiha go to great lengths for their loved ones. Madara had lost his brother and tried to do whatever he could to cope up with it. From making Konoha to betraying it to starting the war. Stay strong, Sensei. Don't waver."

Naruto's words echoed in Kakashi's mind.

"Relax, Kakashi... Besides, what's with that look?" Obito mocked him. Kakashi narrowed his eyes and asked, "Aren't you going to condemn me?"

Only if things were that simple...

Obito's face remained impassive. "What would I get from criticising this absurd reality at this point? I have no interest in the affairs of a world that shall soon cease to exist."

Kakashi's thoughts took a rather dark and depressing turn. If only he had stopped himself before impaling Rin. If only he had not been an uptight fool. If only he had ...

"Kakashi-Sensei! Now is not the time to be depressed. We can discuss things later. But stopping Obito comes first!" Naruto's voice couldn't get through him. Guy took over. "Naruto is right, Kakashi. The fate of the world is currently in our hands!"

Obito prepared to attack. "I have nothing more to talk to you." He smirked as he closed his Rinnegan eye as his Sharingan enabled him to strike with some more attacks from the Kamui Dimension. 

"Stay tied down to reality..." 

'Katon:' 

"... and die!" 

'Bakufu Ranbu! (Bomb Blast Dance!)'

A stream of fire spiralled out of the vortex and headed towards a stupefied Kakashi. Naruto entered in her tailed beast mode and defended them and proved the fire attack useless. Fuu appeared and flew Guy and Kakashi to safety behind Killer Bee's transformed form.