Chapter 113: More Advice...

I'm reminding my dear readers once again: female form of the protagonist shall be henceforth mentioned as Namiko, and her male form as Naruto.

Till something happens...

One of the important festivals of Hi no Kuni was the Obon Festival, held at the capital. A 3-day part of this fest is the Awa Odori or the Awa Dance Festival. Ever since the formation of Konohagakure the Daimyo, Satoshi Oda, had decreed for the Awa Odori to be held in the shinobi village as well. Senju Hashirama, being the bubbly lover of festive cheers, had seen it fit to change the tradition, adding more than a bit of flair of the concept of Shinobi.

The civilians make up a major part of dancers and the stars of the day, but a significant number of shinobi are also involved out of pure interest. The Yuhi clan would be responsible along with a small committee of civilians to organize Awa Odori.

The Awa Odori or the Awa Dance Festival is a part of the Obon festival, and is held for three days. It had begun initially as one of the representations for the village to be a part of Hi no Kuni. Unlike the Capital's version where warriors have heavy restrictions to attend the celebrations (not that it stopped any disguised shinobi on missions), the organizers in Konoha do not place restrictions on their own shinobi- why fear in your own home?

(Cough) Not to mention the attack by Kurama right in the middle of Konoha streets (Cough)

NN: Am I hearing accusations on my beloved Onii-sama?

You and your grandpa are WAY TOO SIMILAR! (flees the scene)

UM: Coward.

ST: (Shaking head) Why is the Author like this?

The unique red eyes of the Yuhi clan, that are rumored to reflect the viewer's soul make up for a major attraction of the festival- Yuhi no Hitomi no Mai (Dance of the eyes of Yuhi) or Yuhi no Mai or Menomai at its shortest. It was a mesmerizing dance of story telling that subtly involves footwork and hand movements but most of the dance is done by the eyes of the dancers. The artistes were all originally of Yuhi clan, but when the troupe leader finds a non-clan member with beautiful eyes with unique eye-colour, they approach them and offer them a position in their troupe.

The Sharingan had been beautiful in its own way, but when the Yuhi-clan member had proposed an offer of collaboration with the Uchiha in the council, the Hyuuga were the first to oppose it, causing the then-Hokage, Senju Tobirama, to use their own logic against them and restricting the Hyuuga from forming a collaboration in the place of the Uchiha.

It was rumored that the Yondaime Hokage had been in a few dances, as a child and a couple of them upon just getting his pubescent beauty. Naruto had eyes of similar blue, but the Yuhi clan couldn't approach him as a kid due to fear of backlash from the the civilians about having a 'demon' dance. By the time the circumstances improved, there wasn't enough time for the village with the Akatsuki and Shinobi War looming. After that, he hadn't been easy to find.

With the appearance of Namiko, who had eyes more beautiful and striking than the Yondaime, Kurenai had done her best to approach the female blonde with the offer on behalf of her eldest sister, the troupe leader. Shisui, who happened to be at the same place at the same time, simply said, "Why not? I've heard it's fun. Plus, you might get to impress some." The 'one' in someone was heard unspoken between the two 'siblings'

Yuhi Akane was a strict troupe leader. Namiko had thought many a time that strictness of tutelage was divided unequally between the sisters, though there had been even more instances where they seemed too alike. The blonde found the training exhausting but refreshing.