Chapter 56: Battling the Snake Sannin

SURPRISE!!

An early chapter for all readers following this because...

Today (the day this chapter is published)...

Today is a FESTIVAL for us Naruto-fans!!

More information on this somewhere below...

"My, my, Naruto-kun, you have got better manners since the last I saw of you, hmm?" Orochimaru mocked and chuckled. Naruto chuckled in return. "Why, thank you, Orochimaru-san. If you don't mind, I would like to come straight to the business." She said. He raised a brow with a smirk. "Oh? And what would that be?"

Naruto replied, mocking a regretful look, "Well, I would have acquainted with you because you are a powerful shinobi, a Sannin in fact, and I respect that. However, your ideals don't match with that of Konoha as of now. So, we are supposed to take you down. It's also a sad thing that your head is wanted for destroying Konoha and attempted murder of our Sandaime Hokage." She sighed sadly. 

The others didn't know if she was acting or not. It was the memory of past battles that reminded them on whose side Naruto was.

"Well then," she said before attacking Orochimaru with a kick to his gut. He blocked it with his arm and tried to kick back, only for Naruto to dodge it and do a roundhouse kick. Orochimaru jumped away and went through hand seals. "Thousand Snakes Jutsu!" His arms morphed into multiple snakes that elongated and attacked Jiraiya and Naruto. They dodged the snakes before looking at each other. 

Jiraiya then shouted, "Fire Release: Flame Bullet!" Naruto whispered alongside, "Wind style: Great wind breakthrough." The wind Jutsu enhance the power of the fire Jutsu, widening its range. Of course Orochimaru slipped to the side to escape it. Naruto was waiting for him there. Before he could react, she cut off the snakes. His arms retracted back to normal.

"You got your hands back, Orochimaru-san." Naruto observed, her voice void of any expression. Orochimaru smirked, "Oh yes, with the Jutsu that helps me stay immortal. I won't be falling for the same trick again." Naruto smirked back, "I should hope not, otherwise, you would disappoint me. You never fail to surprise me, Orochimaru-san." She controlled anger that threatened to rise at the remembrance of the stolen Uzumaki scrolls. She will find them and return them. No matter what.

Jiraiya was about launch another attack with Naruto when Kabuto arrived and shielded his master. Naruto could've perhaps tolerated Orochimaru, but Kabuto had always grated her nerves. Nevertheless, she kept her cool. Naruto and Jiraiya launched another round of their attacks and Kabuto and Orochimaru retaliated. This was getting nowhere since Orochimaru had shed his skin whenever a tough jutsu hit him. Naruto manoeuvred Kabuto so that the two of them had their own battle away from Orochimaru, Jiraiya and their respective summons.

The two battles were far away. Kabuto turned on his chakra scalpels. Naruto took her own stance, coating her body with chakra. "Clever, aren't you? Do you think that the chakra coat would stop my scalpels?" Kabuto smirked. "Naruto-kun, I'm too experienced to not think of it." Naruto smirked back, "My apologies, Kabuto-san. I didn't mean to offend you. I must try whatever I can to protect myself, right?" She gave a smile too sweet for his liking.

They engaged in battle. Naruto tried to escape the scalpels, but Kabuto was more agile. In fact, his movements resembled that of a snake. He was Orochimaru's assistant and apprentice, it made sense. He caught her off guard enough number of times to injure some of her vital organs.