Chapter 60: Prove Yourself To The Kyuubi!

Naruto found herself in the mouth of a bust of an ox. 

How did this happen? Roll back by a few minutes.

After being able to conquer her dark self, Killer Bee appreciated her before taking up the next level of her training. He went through the waterfall and she followed, surprised to see a big hall on the other side of the waterfall. It was not a simple hall, but a complex of halls, with large statues that lacked heads for some reason.

They reached a blank wall with the statue of the head of an ox. It was the head of Gyuuki, an ox-octopus hybrid. Bee started, "This is the next level. Reach inside the head. If your heart contains darkness, then your head shall be bitten off by the statue. The headless statues here are of those Jinchuuriki who had failed this test. Go ahead."

Naruto took the warning seriously as she remembered the encounters at the waterfall and took a moment to collect herself. She put her head into the open mouth of the ox-head statue and waited for a moment. 

(Where the chapter started.)

When she opened her eyes, she saw a switch. She understood the situation.

She switched it on and pulled herself out, deadpanning at her teacher. "Bee-sama, are you sure those statues are not broken ruins?" Bee grinned widely, flashing his teeth."A simple trick, fool, ya fool! When I had been in your place, I even played the traditional prank and made it seem that I was beheaded."

Naruto snickered. "Had anyone else been here, I would've done the same. But I had a feeling you had already played the trick. So it was useless to play the same trick on you. Perhaps a modification would have done the job..." She pondered.

A hidden door in the blank wall opened up to a bizarre room. "Now comes the real test. You need to meet your Bijuu as you sit in this room." "I could meet him normally." Naruto shrugged. "Yes fool, ya fool. That is common to any Jinchuuriki. But this room has a power of it's own. If the Kyuubi goes out of control, then this room will be used to seal him." Bee explained and she nodded.

Naruto began meditating in lotus position. She faced Kurama who simply smirked. Outside, Bee had her fist bumped with his and communicated with her. "I am giving you some of Hach-chan's (Hachibi's) chakra in case you need it. You have to separate Kyuubi's chakra from his body.

He himself is an entity of chakra, and his flesh and fur are chakra as well. So, you may not be able to take all of his chakra, but do your best. Chakra can be touched only by chakra. This is a tug-of-war of chakra. You will be pulling his chakra, but he can pull yours too. Kyuubi's will and chakra are together. You pull his chakra, you pull his will. You must shield yourself from his will, else he shall overpower you."

Naruto stored away Hachibi's chakra, saying "I am the Jinchuuriki of Kyuubi no Kitsune. I must do my best to earn the title. I can't take the help of another Bijuu."

Kurama's smirk widened. "Well, Naruto. Whatever Gyuki's brat said is correct. My chakra is not easy to control even if I give it to you directly. You need to fight it from me. We need a reservoir of my chakra that you can have access to. Just because I am your beloved Ani, doesn't mean I will be oh-so beloved right now. 

Think of it as another training session. Fight me, come on! 

Prove yourself to the Kyuubi! "

Naruto nodded. "Hai, Kurama Sensei!" 

Kurama lifted his tails, curving them slightly so that the tips form the outline of a circle. He began collecting chakra in the circle with his mouth. A medium sized ball formed and he swallowed it before launching it at Naruto with more power. Naruto drew a seal and performed hand seals. The seal absorbed the medium sized Bijuu Bomb. It was one of her inventions, based on other seals.