Chapter 40: What's going on in Tsunade's Konoha...

(WARNING: Longer chapter; I forgot to break it at certain parts; But I'm sure many of the readers like longer chapters😅... Gives more info... xD-)

The next few months went on rather smooth, when compared to the previous month of fighting Orochimaru. Naruto tried to spend time with the rest of  Konoha Rookie-12, whenever possible. The news of Tsunade being the Godaime Hokage was received very well, and the Uchihas who had initially raised voice against this were placated by Fugaku, who had received a visit from Mina.

Flashback:

Uchiha Fugaku was sitting alone in his study. His wife, Mikoto was busy cooking, Sasuke was training. Itachi, who had just returned from an ANBU mission, went to help Sasuke in his training. 

He looked at the papers before him, analyzing the progress of various clan members, and couldn't help but think back to the girl who had helped him and his clan all those years ago. "Mina, my child, how am I to thank you?" he muttered to himself.

"I believe I had told you the answer for that, Fugaku-sama." Fugaku activated his Sharingan in defense and looked up to see the very person he had been thinking of. Mina was slightly taller than before, but was almost the same. "Ensure that the loyalty of the Uchiha Clan lies to the betterment of Konohagakure." She continued.

"It's good to see you again, Mina. I'm upset you haven't visited for so long." He joked, but Mina looked guilty. "I know, 5 years. I guess I've lost track of time during missions." She replied as she put up privacy seals. His eyes returned back to their normal black with a tint of grey.

"So, what brought you back?" "Well, I've wanted to see the progress of the clan from the Uchiha's point of view. But you haven't asked Hokage-sama for me. I've already told that if you wanted to meet me, you just had to ask him." She narrowed her eyes as if chiding playfully. Fugaku looked away, mildly embarrased. "It... must have... slipped off my mind." Mina repressed a laugh and smiled. "So?" She prompted. "Everything has been going well. Some clan members volunteered themselves." He proceeded to tell about the accomplishments of various clansmen.

"That's good." She said and there was silence. "Sandaime-sama picked a Godaime (Lord/Lady Fifth)." She said and waited for a reaction. When she received none, she continued, "He had thought about possible candidates from the Uchiha Clan. He had found some, but they are young and he is doubtful if he would last till they are of age and trained. So he decided they would be candidates for Rokudaime (Lord Sixth)." "Who is the Godaime?" "Senju Tsunade."

"Another Senju. How can I be sure that the changes in the past few years are permanent and that she won't treat us like we were before?" Fugaku asked coldly. "Sandaime-sama has informed her of this matter and she agrees whole-heartedly with the changes brought about. She offered to train as a part of hospital staff anyone who is willing to learn iryo ninjutsu (medical ninjutsu), when she is free that is."

 Fugaku's shoulders relaxed a little. "Please trust me like you did once." Mina requested. He smiled. "I do, Mina." She grinned. "Thank You, it's an honour. But there is more." Fugaku raised a brow, "What is it?" "It's of the candidates of the Rokudaime from the Uchiha clan. He has found a couple of them, and as I said, they are young. You might ask that Yondaime-sama was young when he had been appointed. With the mutual distrust between clan and the village that is slowly being broken, he believes that they have to be older than they are now. Also, an old man who has reigned twice choosing a very young Uchiha as his successor will cause certain council members to accuse that the man was senile and choose a successor of their choice that might not be beneficial to the Uchiha clan and the village as a whole. So, the Rokudaime could be chosen around a decade from now."