Chapter 53: Siblings Meet. Trip to Kumogakure

"Kurama?!" Isobu called out in disbelief. "I can't believe this! This Jinchuuriki of yours is completely different from you! And you don't seem to be the same Kurama I saw centuries ago. You seem to be like the one around the old man-" "Isobu, shut up! Not even a minute and you manage to annoy me. Look at me with that lone eye of yours, cyclops. I. Have. Not. Changed." Kurama barked out.

"Ani, if any one has to check their eyesight, it's you. I am a turtle, not a cyclops." Isobu bit back. "Yeah right, a turtle with poor eyesight." Kurama retorted. "Why you-"

"Isobu, Kurama Onii-sama is right. He does not change. Only his opinions do." Naruto interrupted the bickering of the siblings while brushing Kurama's fur to calm him down. "Also, I'm not different from him. We are more similar than you think." She gave a fond smile to the fox, who smirked back at her.

Isobu sputtered at the interaction between the grumpiest of his siblings and his human. "Woah! Never thought that Kurama of all Bijuu would make a sibling out of a human. I didn't even think he would make friends." "That's because all those who approach me are arrogant and ignorant." Kurama scoffed.

Naruto raised a brow. "All of them, Kurama? Even my mother?" Kurama tried to change his words, lest he angers his Kit. "Not her of course, not even Mito. But you should know that they were not as understanding as you and tried to impose their ideals on me." He huffed. "But you didn't mention Madara. Why?" "I know how you feel about him controlling you. Since you have always been considerate of me, it is only right that I return the favour." Naruto smiled. 

Kurama sighed inwardly, relieved that his Kit wasn't angry at the arrogant slip up. But it was true after all, and she knew it. Isobu felt awkward at the situation before him. Naruto noticed this and said, "Well then, Isobu, I'll meet you again. Perhaps physically, perhaps via mindscape. But be careful when you come out of your hideout. There is a group of insanely strong humans called Akatsuki who after us, or rather, you Bijuu. They have unknown tricks and tools to capture and use you all, no matter how powerful the target is."

Isobu scoffed, not believing completely. "Well, I'll try to. But first, hold out your arm." Naruto complied and Isobu put a flipper (hand of a turtle) on her hand. She felt some of his chakra enter and store in her. Her eyes widened and she bowed, "Thank you for trusting me." 

"What is your name, human?" Isobu thundered (well, as much as he could before his strongest brother). "Uzumaki Naruto!" She grinned before disappearing with Kurama from the mindscape.

Outside, Isobu swam inside the lake, towards his portal. Naruto disabled the barrier, collected her weapons and vanished before anyone could investigate what had happened. 

...

After the five month stay in Mizu no Kuni, Jiraiya and Naruto left for Kaminari no Kuni, the Land of Lightning. What about Konoha and Naruto? Some more ANBU missions and a couple of Jounin missions.

Kaminari no Kuni was a hilly terrain. The shinobi village Kumogakure, the Village Hidden in Cloud, another village of the five great nations. The duo weaved their way through the surrounding villages, forming connections, before they stepped food in Kumogakure.

The Raikage, Ay was a muscular man. Too muscular for his clothes that he had to roam bare chested with a loose white haori hanging but barely covering it. He was eccentric and sometimes let his emotions rule- causing property damage. But when it came to business, he was a serious shinobi that loved his village to the core. Ay and Naruto, sharing the same sentiments towards their villages, got well together. Ay had mentioned the possible similarities between Naruto and Minato, and reminisced how good his rival was.

He had heard that Jiraiya had called Minato the child of a prophecy, a saviour. Minato, during their confrontation in the third Great Shinobi War, had mentioned few things. One, his brother Bee, the Jinchuuriki of Hachibi (eight-tailed beast), was remarkable as a shinobi and a person; Two, Ay had to find out what his brother held precious before he lost it; Three, the next time they would meet, they would be the Yondaime Kages of their respective villages.

Ay admitted that Minato was right about the Kage part, but he hadn't yet found out what was so precious to his brother. He declared that Minato had failed as saviour since he died in the Kyuubi attack.

Naruto stated that, while she respected the Raikage, he was wrong about the late Hokage's failure. The only man who had rivalled Ay in speed had succeeded. He had stopped the Bijuu and created a Jinchuuriki out of his own child in hopes of saving the world. She also said that she might have an idea of what Minato had told about Bee's precious thing, since she was a Jinchuuriki too.

Ay was surprised to know that before him sat his rival's child. He couldn't help but be more impressed at Naruto.

On the training grounds, in presence of Jiraiya and the Raikage, the two Jinchuuriki, Naruto and Killer Bee bumped their fists and rapped together, much to the dismay of Ay and Jiraiya.

Killer Bee taught Naruto his style of Taijutsu and Kenjutsu. When Ay and Naruto sparred, Naruto observed his use of the lightning element in both offense and defense, just like his late father, the Third Raikage. They used lightning element as armour and weapon. The hand, coated with lightning chakra, especially on the fingers, was used as spear. The variations of the hand spear were perfected by the Sandaime Raikage, whereas the Yondaime was good in his speed punches. 

Naruto met various Kumo shinobi like Cee, Darui- Jounin and Ay's right hand men; Samui, Omoi, Karui- Killer Bee's Genin team. Cee was a sensor with light blonde hair, like Ino. Darui, as his name indicated, had a dull attitude. He found everything dull and drab. He was excessively humble, apologizing for smallest of things. He was, however, sharp when the situation demanded. Darui also had the tattoo of a panther in black on his left shoulder branded by the Sandaime Raikage. It was a mark of mastery of the Black Panther lightning technique.

Samui was a busty blonde, like Tsunade. Her facial features and attitude are the only things, other than the blood tests, that kept Naruto from believing that the two blondes were related. She was obsessed with the point that shinobi were supposed to be cool and composed. Omoi and Karui's constant bickering didn't help either. Omoi was a short white-haired male with dark complexion and found with a lollipop in his mouth always. He always tended to over-analyse things, annoying Karui every time. One of his hypotheses were that a small stone Karui had thrown once in a fit of anger, would somehow lead to a giant rock rolling down and destroying a village somewhere. He was a specialist in lightning style Kenjutsu. Karui was a dark-complexioned teen with spiky auburn hair like Gaara, except, she had it longer. She had amber coloured eyes and was a specialist in Kenjutsu. 

Then there was Atsui, Samui's younger twin brother, who was obsessed with things that were hot, practically or figuratively. He was a blonde like his sister, but was eccentric, like Lee shouting 'Youth!'. There was Nii Yugito, a jounin few years older than Naruto. She was the Jinchuuriki of Nibi no Nekomata (Two Tailed Cat), Matatabi. A fine, mysterious Jounin, Yugito's attacks were mostly based on Nibi's special fire chakra and claws.

There was forming of camaraderie and learning of new techniques as well. Rivals made in good nature. Crushes formed (and also crushed). The experience in Kumogakure was very interesting, entertaining and also lively.

The three Jinchuuriki had a meeting with their Bijuu. Nibi was a good-natured cat, while the Hachibi, Gyuuki had been turned soft by Bee- Killer Bee. So, the meeting had gone well. Well, as well as it could go with Kurama. After all, he had been betrayed by human longer than his siblings, and had been separated from them soon after the death of his 'old man'. He was, after all, a reserved being, like his Jinchuuriki.

...

The trip to Kaminari no Kuni lasted for five months. One of the months was October. It was a few days after her birthday when she went to a weapon shop in the land. It was one of the top five weaponry store in the five elemental nations. She was checking the weapons to incorporate their style into her fighting stance and katas, when she heard the door open to a new customer. She didn't mind him too much at first as usual. But when she heard him speak to the owner, she almost froze.

'Uchiha Itachi?'

So, how was it?

I hope you are enjoying the book so far...

Read & Review . Comment & Vote

NamikazeNaruto20