Chapter 28: Training for the finals...

Naruto woke up at 5 in the morning. She reduced her training a bit, since that's what she would be doing the whole month, and got ready in an hour. The Sun was just rising and Naruto walked out to the Hokage mountain, contemplating on what type of training to to do this month, along with the imminent attack. She was admiring the village and was sad thinking of the damage it would suffer. She smiled, but didn't show any other sign of knowing of her company, "Ohayo Gaara." She turned to see the greet the Sand Jinchuriki. 

"Uzumaki Naruto" he paused before adding "Ohayo (Good Morning)." That's a start. She gestured him to sit beside her, and he complied after a moment of hesitance. "That was good work yesterday." she complimented. "I don't know about that." "We haven't completely mastered our Bijuu's powers, and Lee is the greatest in Taijutsu among our peers. Neji can only beat him because of his Byakugan- an unfair advantage but whatever, but I can say that Lee is above Chunin level in Taijutsu, maybe Jounin level. If you master your powers as Jinchuriki, you will be one of the greatest Shinobi of our time."

"Like the weapons we should be..." "No! It is unfortunate that we are treated badly because of what is sealed inside us, after all, we didn't ask for it. But it isn't better for the Bijuu either. They have been chained without their consent since a long time, many more generations before us, merely used for power.  We aren't exactly treated better by both the side with power, and the side of the commoners. We have certain advantages, though." Gaara raised a non-existent brow.

"We can rally the power of the Bijuu within us at our will. No other can. We can be stronger. Bijuu chakra can increase the levels of our reserves. But most important of all, we have our very own true friend who will stick with us for a lifetime. We are inseparable. Once separated, we can't survive." She smiled brightly before snickering, "A friend with ego problems." Kurama smacked her head in the minscape, while Gaara's face broke into a small smile.

"So, how is Konoha? Have you got a good view?" She gestured to the village below them. "I haven't quite seen it yet, but it's beautiful from here. Come to think of it, Suna has it's own beauty too, and..." he trailed off, but Naruto understood, "it makes you want to protect your village, right?" He nodded. "I feel the same too. I guess this is what the Will of Fire is...?" She added the last part softly. "The village looks so peaceful, it makes me hate to attack it." Naruto wanted to ask Gaara about the plans of invasion, but she wanted him to say on his accord, to come on terms with his feelings. It was his village he was 'betraying'... 

"Baki... Sensei, told us the plan last night." He hesitated. "It's okay Gaara. If you don't want to go against your village, I understand. The both of us shall protect our respective villages to the best we can." "No, I want to do this... to bring peace to both of our villages... and to help a friend." Naruto smiled at his words and his determination.

"It is on the day of the final exam. During my match with Sasuke, being the Uchiha prodigy he is, he should be able to rile me up enough to let me go on a virtual rampage. That's when the invasion commences. Suna and Oto are allied here. Father... seemed colder since the day the collaboration started. Also, some summoning technique would be used to bring all the Suna ninja to Konoha." It was brief, but enough. Naruto nodded. 

"Arigatou, Gaara. I will do my best to not let Otogakure- no, Orochimaru, break the ties begin Sunagakure and Konohagakure. Also, who said Sasuke is a prodigy? He is quite far from his brother and cousin. He bosses around just because he is THE prodigy Itachi's brother." Both chuckled, a soundless one from Gaara. "I'll be heading back to my team... siblings." "Have a good day, my friend."

Naruto went to the Namikaze compound, checking if they were any flaws in the techniques she perfected- various elemental and non-elemental techniques found in libraries; Rasengan- the Yondaime Hokage's own creation, which seemed to be missing the elemental variation it, and simply an A-Rank destructive ball of chakra; Her own variations of Rasengan (elemental and non elemental); Chidori- Kakashi's creation she saw occasionally in his spars with Gai; Hiraishin- currently working on Level 3; Taijutsu Katas, Kenjutsu, Genjutsu. It would take days to go through all that, but Naruto has her very own trump card, Kage Bunshin. These solid clones can cause physical damage, and also give their memories to the original once dispelled.