Chapter 111: The Last Senju

I'm reminding my dear readers once again: female form of the protagonist shall be henceforth mentioned as Namiko, and her male form as Naruto.

Till something happens...

Naruto knocked the only occupied house in the Senju compound. The house where Tsunade lived with Shizune was far from that where the main family of Senju Clan had lived. It was closer to the Hokage Tower, and the view was nice.

The door opened to reveal Shizune who pleasantly invited the blonde in and led him to the kitchen to prepare snacks despite protests from the guest.

Naruto was just seated at the table when he saw a small figure on the other side of the room, just shy of hiding behind the curtains there.

A short but soft smile towards the kid and the boy ran happily towards Naruto. His demure nature was stopping him from jumping on the ANBU Assistant Commander. Naruto hugged him and smiled wide before ruffling his hair fondly when the smile was retuned just as wide.

"Good morning Seiichi! How are you? Have you had breakfast?"

The boy named Seiichi nodded shortly before remembering to use words, "I'm fine, Nii-san. I had food just a while ago. Shizune oba-san made my favourite Miso soup and Eggs."

Naruto directed a brief amused smile towards the dark-haired lady who was not hiding her cooing at the boy's cuteness. She had initially blanched at being addressed as aunt, thinking that she wasn't that old, but the boy was too cute for her own good and the way he addressed her was just as sweet and she caved in.

Naruto pulled out a book from a pocket and handed it over to Seiichi. "Here, the book on weapons I recommended and promised you to bring."

Seiichi bowed formally, thanking him profusely and assuring the ANBU not to waste unnecessary time on him, only for a hand on his head to stop his ranting.

"Seiichi," Naruto spoke with the soft tone reserved for kids, something he got from Tobirama, (no shit Sherlock.) "I am always here for you. You might have left your home voluntarily, but both of us you know you miss it. Do you remember what I said when I left you at Tsunade- Obaa-sama's house the first time?"

Naruto knew he did. Even if the boy didn't want to remember. He had an eidetic memory, a brain running too fast for others to catch up.

The boy nodded meekly, "I do. I- I'll try my best to rely on you, Nii-san. It's just-"

"I know." Naruto interrupted him. "I know it's difficult or you to break out of habits and to live with a new family. You might not want to accept Tsunade and Shizune as your family, but know that I will always be there to guide you like an older sibling."

Seiichi brightened, "My sibling! My Nii-san!"

Naruto chuckled, "Yes, I am your Nii-san."

Something warm bloomed in a different and new way in the blonde's chest at the boy's 'claim'.

The boy then looked at the book, and then towards Naruto, eyes betraying his fighting emotions. Naruto called him, "Go read the book. I know you want to."

He replied in a slightly petulant tone, "But I want to spend time with you as well."

Naruto's eyes softened, "Yes, you want that as well. How about this? You read how much you can of this book and we discuss what you have learnt this evening."

The boy smiled, happy with the solution. "That is a good idea. I will start now itself, so that I get to discuss so much with you later!" With that, he left to his room.