Chapter 41: Why Sasuke Left...

5K READS!!! The Author thanks the readers very much for all t he support

I hope you enjoy this chapter too.

 Do Read & Review, Comment & Vote.

NamikazeNaruto20

On with the story...

"Tsunade-sama! Uchiha Sasuke has left the village!"  Why? Why did Sasuke leave? What had happened the previous day?

Sasuske was in a foul mood that evening. He was beginning to get his father's attention, till Itachi's birthday.On that day, the elder brother was made the official heir of the clan. Sasuke would be named a second heir after his 18th birthday, but he didn't know that. In the past two weeks, Sasuke found himself outside his father's attention. 'Itachi is always more important than me, after all.' He thought bitterly.

That morning, however, Fugaku had approached him to teach a new Fire Style jutsu. Sasuke couldn't get it in the first few tries, so Fugaku had told him to practice it while he attended his clan duties and other duties. Sasuke practiced during the afternoon. When he was beginning to show good progress, he returned home to meet his father.

Fugaku was facing his own problems. Itachi was being stubborn. Again. He insisted he didn't want to marry yet and would do so when he found love, just like Fugaku and Mikoto had. Fugaku had been lucky he realised his feelings for the very persistent, yet extremely skilled Uchiha Mikoto when he was 17. Itachi had no such luck. Thus he was shaking his head, muttering, "What shall I do with this boy? He's being an annoyance."

Sasuke had heard this muttering. He was feeling insecure the past few weeks and they only reached a new peak that day while practising the new jutsu. Moreover, Itachi being 18, Sasuke thought, would be referred as a 'man' rather than a 'boy'. He assumed that Fugaku was officially disappointed in him and walked away to a nearby abandoned park. He was in a foul mood.

During his brooding, he felt four presences all of a sudden. He turned to see the Sound Four. They were a weird bunch and the light of the moon that just appeared in the sky seemed to only give them a more peculiar look. He took a kunai in hand and stood in battle stance. "Who are you?" He asked. "Orochimaru-sama asked us to bring you to him. You want power, don't you? The one with grey hair asked. "That's none of your business!" Sasuke bit back.

The plump one of the group said, "Oh but it is! We know how you feel. You who have always been in your brother's shadow, who always struggles to get acknowledged by your father, you who could never become a clan head, who-" "Enough!" Sasuke snarled. He activated his curse seal and attacked them. They had fallen but rose up as if nothing happened. "You think you are the only one favoured by Orochimaru-sama, you moron?" The girl said as they activated their curse marks.