Chapter 39: Three-Way Deadlock & Godaime Hokage

"Orochimaru, I hope you have the 100 sacrifices ready for me, unlike the last time, 'cause if you don't, I'll have you instead." The snake bellowed to his summoner. "Of course, Manda. " Orochimaru gave a creepy smile, "But look forward, you have something better." "Bunta, huh?" Manda asked rhetorically. "Manda's here too. Katsuyu, is this the Three-Way Deadlock all over again?"

"What's the Three Way Deadlock?" Naruto asked Shizune. "The Sannin and their respective summons." Was the short answer. Kabuto jumped and stood before them as the Sannin got into their own battle- 2 vs 1.

Naruto avoided Taijutsu since Kabuto was skillful and more experienced that avoiding the chakra scalpels during Taijutsu was almost impossible. She resorted to fire jutsus- Great Fireball Jutsu and Phoenix Flower Jutsu, soon making him move to her tune. Kabuto, being more experienced and flexible had made it difficult, but not impossible. There was also his ability to manipulate his chakra and concentrate it near the places which were injured or wold be injured, hence minimising the damage. However, Naruto had greater chakra reserves and stamina She finished it with a Rasengan to his torso.

Kabuto barely managed to survive by shielding his stomach with a thin layer of chakra. Orochimaru was not in a better shape either. Manda looked at his piteous state and cursed out before going back to his summoning realm. No later, Kabuto and Orochimaru escpaed like the snakes they were.

The other two summons had left to their respective realms and the four shinobi returned to their rooms in the inn. They started for Konoha after an hour. Naruto had thought about Tsunade and found a soft spot for her since she was family, distant or not- Uzumaki clan and Senju clan were distant cousins that went back to generations before Hashirama, also Mito, Tsunade's grandmother was an Uzumaki.

Naruto told Tsunade, "Tsunade-san, I would like to be a medic ninja like you and excel in the forte. I request you to accept me as your student." She bowed as much as one could while walking. Tsunade smiled softly at Naruto, "Of course, Naruto. I will." She flicked Naruto's forehead. "Ouch!" Naruto muttered, not expecting the flick. But before she could process anything, Tsunade kissed her forehead, just as she did with her brother and Dan.

Naruto paused a moment, processing what had happened before grinning wide. She continued, "I know some of the basics and can say that I have decent skills. But please teach me as you would do to a person new to this field. My familiarity shall only help speed up the learning process." She said the last part more to herself. Tsunade chuckled, "Expect harsh training, Gaki." "But of course! Jiraiya Sensei's training was tough. How much more tough could the training of another Sannin be?" Naruto asked sarcastic. "But I'll do my best to deserve it. Please start my training once you reach Konoha. Who knows when you would become as busy as a bee?" She trailed off. 

"Hime, you are taking the hat, right?" Jiraiya asked. "I think so. I might need to have a chat with Sarutobi-Sensei first." Tsunade replied. They stopped for lunch when Naruto approached Tsunade in private and asked, "That seal on your forehead is the same one as Uzumaki Mito-sama, isn't it?" "Yes. I learn't it from Obaa-sama (grandmother)." was the wistful reply. Tsunade thought she saw a spark of something in Naruto's eyes before it vanished. 

The rest of the trip was fun. Jiraiya had made attempts to further his 'research', bribing Tsunade with gamble casinos. There had been few stops for food and teachings of Medic Ninjutsu and the challenges of the spy system.

They reached the village and went to the Hokage Tower. People around in Konoha looked in admiration towards the two Sannin. They entered the office to find Hiruzen and Shikaku. "Ah, Tsunade! It's good to see you. How have you been?" Hiruzen asked. "Same ole, same ole, Sensei. You've grown quite old, haven't you?" Tsunade smirked. "Yeah, rub the salt on the wound, but yes. That's why I ask you to make a big decision." Tsunade raised an eyebrow. "Will you take the position of Hokage?"

"And if I accept, from when shall I start?"  "Any time from tomorrow to a few months. I can train you on-duty, but if you want official time of training, then it shall be after a few months." Tsunade thought of the circumstances and also remembered Naruto's request. She will try to make time for the kid, no matter what.

"I'll do it as soon as possible. But I'll be needing your help, Sensei, something like learning on the job. I would like to make an entrance." She chuckled with certain members of the council on her mind. (Guess who)

Sarutobi joined her chuckling, "Very well. I need to fill you up on somethings before you take my robe. Come back here after one hour, Tsunade." "Make that two hours." Tsunade replied. Hiruzen nodded and grumbled, "And I'll be needing Takuma too." It was more to himself, but Naruto heard it, so did others, but they ignored it. 

The four Ninja left and went to a restaurant. "As Sensei will be holding me up for lunch, better have an early one. Gaki, as you've heard, I've asked him for two hours. The next one hour I shall train you." Tsunade said. "Hai, Tsunade-sama. But what is with the elders calling me 'Gaki'?" "Oh, but it's an adorable call!" Tsunade cooed. Naruto rolled her eyes, "Same excuse as Ero-sennin." But she smiled.

After the first hour passed up in lunch and refreshments, Tsunade analysed Naruto's skills in Medical skills and worked on perfecting what she had already known. Tsunade then left for the Hokage tower, and Naruto became Hyoko Takuma and flashed to the same location.
The ones in the office were Hiruzen, Takuma and Tsunade. After privacy was ensured, Hiruzen began, "Many topics of what I'm going to tell you are confidential. I hope you would keep that in mind." A nod was the reply. 

He proceeded to say the various unfinished problems and some problems that had been solved, but needed supervision, and perfection. The Academy, the council, especially the civilian council, Shimura Danzo, Utatane Koharu, Mitokado Homura, ANBU Root Division under Danzo, Shikamaru's promotion, Sasuke's tentative promotion and what not.

Then came the topic of Uchiha Clan. The clan's attempt at a coup de tat, the negotiations for a truce, the terms of truce, how the Uchiha had been treated as outcasts before, and how the changes were being made, how many clan members were taking part in departments other than the police force, the two candidates of Hokage who are yet too young to take the position, but would receive training for the same after few years.

Last, but not the least, Naruto's secret status as Tokubetsu Jounin, who would be made a Jounin, based on Tsunade's future decisions. Tsunade was surprised, to say the least. Takuma chose to speak, "Tsunade-sama, Naruto-san is a Jinchuriki who has a childhood harder than his peers. He will choose to reveal himself when he is strong enough. He knows he is the son of the Yondaime Hokage. This information is being told to only you, since you have the right as Hokage and have also earned his trust.

Also, Naruto-san requests that since his rank is a secret, whenever he goes on missions with other shinobi, he be treated as a genin before the others. If team 7, that is, Team Kakashi, is tagging with him, then he be included as a genin unless he says so." "My, my, that Gaki sure is discreet." "What can I say, Tsunade-sama? He believes 'Deception is a shinobi's greatest tool'. And I insist you let him keep his secrets and let him reveal them on his own free will to others. He is slowly warming up to others and external hindrance can only push him back to isolation. Moreover, he wants the enemy to underestimate him, so that his missions have a higher rate of success." 

Tsunade simply laughed. "Oh, I just love that brat now." She said, partly as a joke, partly in exasperation, partly in admiration. 

Takuma simply smiled.

"And with that, I conclude this meeting. Tsunade, I shall announce your position as my successor tomorrow morning. Good luck." "Arigatou Hokage-sama." She left to ponder over things.

Hiruzen began, "Nar-" "Takuma" Takuma hissed. "Takuma, why did you tell her all that?" "As Hokage, she needs to know some things. I need to make sure she doesn't pry too much into Naruto's life. But she has earned Naruto's trust to a certain level. I thought even you should know how Naruto feels, you are his Jiji after all." He grinned and received a smile back. "Yes. Thank you." Sarutobi said. "No, thank you, Hokage-sama." was the soft reply.

"If you need anything, please summon me." Takuma said as he was leaving. Hiruzen called him at the door, "Takuma, be sure to spend time with the others too." Takuma/Naruto froze in realization that he had meant her peers. She nodded and left.

[A/N: Okay, I realize I'm bad at writing battle sequences. I have no excuses, but I hope you guys forgive me for that]