Chapter 8: Uchiha Coup d'etat- Negotiations

Last time:
 "There is one last resort. But I'm really hoping it won't have to come to that." "What is it?" "Well..."

Now:
 The last resort, whatever it was, will be revealed in the later chapters.

"You can't be serious!" Fugaku's calm voice held a hint of incredulity.

"I am, but even you understand the potential danger here, so I hope it won't have to come to that."

"Can I get more details?"

"Not much, but concerned people are currently unknown, one of them to me as well. All I know is that they are not ready yet, but, as time passes, they will be ready. However, let's hope your clan doesn't want this option. Don't mention it yet to them."

Fugaku smirked. Uh oh, Uchiha smirks aren't good, especially from the mighty ones. "You really thought out all of this on your own, didn't you?"

Mina froze, but only for a moment. "Yes, as much as I love my village, I can't let it get away with some unfair things. I'll do my best to maintain the peace, even within the village, with what I have. Also, this clan has been a major part of the village, alongside the Senju clan, more than any other clan. The Uchiha clan, undoubtedly, has been a critical and influential part of the village. Hmm..." She frowned.

"What is it?"

"I've just realised, since your clan is so important in Konoha, and have your own rules and guidelines, I believe some power-hungry people might take advantage of your intentions against Konoha and eliminate the clan."

Fugaku turned to scoff, but was interrupted.

"Before you think the Sharingan is unbeatable, let me say that these people I speak of can stoop low to whatever means possible, even below their dignity."

"Hn."

"You might consider putting up seals and barriers, but that just widens the rift between the Uchiha and the rest of Konoha.

"..."

"Please consider this proposition I place on behalf of the Hokage and Konoha. Give us a chance to right our wrongs. Your clan shall get the right treatment it deserves. I only ask for one thing in return."

Fugaku raised an eyebrow at that.

"The Uchiha clan is to be loyal to Konohagakure no Sato and its welfare from the depths of their hearts. And also... please reduce the Uchiha pride by a notch or two. You might just see how different you people are and the clan can reach great heights."

Fugaku smiled involuntarily at this. Seeing this, Mina or Naruto gave one of her signature smiles. "Very well. The meeting shall be held tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, any problem?"

"No problem at all... I've to report to Hokage, make sure to prepare what to say and what not to say, make sure no clan member is not upset..." When she realised what she had blurted out, Mina flushed embarrassed and Fugaku chuckled. She was shocked. The mighty Uchiha CLAN LEADER chuckled.

"I somehow wish that you were a part of our clan now. Someone like you could bring it to great heights."

"Arigatou Fugaku-sama, I'm flattered. However, I believe you have one, or possibly two shinobi in your clan who are greater than me."

"Oh, and who might they be?"

"I wouldn't want to jeopardize anyone by revealing, but consider the fact the they are closer than you think they are. Now, I'll take your leave. I've some preparation to do."

"Hn."

She bowed and left. Fugaku felt light-hearted for the first time in a while, since the time he saw Itachi make a giant fireball in his first try of the jutsu.

Naruto jumped off to the Hokage tower. She knew she couldn't fool the Hokage who knew every shinobi in the village, if not every citizen. She relayed that she had somehow known the Uchiha clan's plans for coup d'etat and had discussed terms and conditions with the clan leader. She left out the last condition they had discussed and wanted to keep it between herself and the clan leader for as long as possible.

Heck, she also created a sign that would show her Jiji that it would be Naruto, despite her disguises. The idea, however, was Sarutobi's.

Sarutobi just hugged her and shed tears. He barely shed tears at his wife Biwako's death on the day of Kyuubi attack. He was relieved at the thing that a path he had been searching for had been shown to him by the little kid before him, and extremely proud of Naruto for her attempts at peace negotiations. Naruto, on the other side, understood that the tears were also pent-up stress from the council, the elders and old age, and comforted him.

Once Sarutobi settled, Naruto said, "Jiji, can I tell you something to relieve this stress of yours?" He understood now that she was smarter than she let on, and must've known about her being a female, rather than a male, but decided to play with her mask. It was amusing to see a kid advise an old man. "What is it?"

"I have an idea to defeat this enemy of yours, paperwork!" Now, Sarutobi was taken aback and before he could utter anything, Naruto said, "I'll tell on some conditions." She almost chuckled, but remained serious. "Jiji, the council- Civilian council to be specific is creating unnecessary headache for you. You should bring them down a peg or two. They bring simple problems like neighbours fighting over a broken flower pot. You are the Hokage, for Kami's sake! You solve shinobi problems and not something over a flower pot. Your three advisors seem to be bothering you. Flank out your power as Hokage! Teach them not to mess with Naruto's Jiji!!"

Hiruzen was stunned. He expected the child to ask for a selfish request, but she only wished for his welfare. "Naruto, you worry too much about this old man. "So do you." She replied. "I also understand that you would want me to tell everything to you, being my Hokage, but I would appreciate if you would let me reveal my secrets by my own free will." Hiruzen saw the seriousness in the sapphire blue eyes and agreed .

Naruto said one word that got Hiruzen angry on Minato for the first time for hiding such a thing.

"Kage Bunshin!"

Some might say that the Shadow Clone Technique is forbidden. But it is forbidden due to the division of chakra involved that causes death to an average shinobi. But Kage are supposed to have the highest amount of chakra in a village, only rivalling that of their Jinchuuriki. So, it's alright...