Chapter 84: Uchiha Madara

The progress of almost all battlefields had been discussed, except that of Gaara's unit.

The four previous Kage couldn't attack the Fourth Division on Day 1 as they had been retreating. At night, Orochimaru had pulled back his pawns. The next morning he released them again. Few hours after the Sun Rise, the HQ had given the Fourth Company the thumbs up to attack.

Gaara had swiftly taken care of his father Rasa, the Yondaime Kazekage. He used his sand to seal away the deceased Kazekage. But not before he proved a surprised Rasa that he was fit to be his successor. Rasa expressed disappointment in himself as he couldn't believe in his own son like his mother Karura. 

Rasa revealed that the Sand protects Gaara involuntarily not because of Shukaku, but due to his mother whose will had seeped into his sand. He confessed that whatever Yashamaru, Karura's brother and Gaara's uncle had told him before he died were lies. Yashamaru had then told Gaara that he had been unwanted even by his own mother and that he hated his nephew. Rasa revealed that Yashamaru was a loyal shinobi and was only following orders, and that if the man had hated anyone, it would be his brother-in-law, the former Kazekage.

.

Temari took half of the Unit (half of that left; some had left to aid the First Division, remember?) and lured the Third Raikage away. Since the opponent specialized in lightning attacks, the wind users were collected to face him. Gaara and Ohnoki faced the Nidaime Tsuchikage, Mu, leaving the Nidaime Mizukage, Hozuki Gengetsu, to rest of the Fourth Division.

.

Naruto's clone arrived and helped Gaara in sealing Mu with a surprise attack of Rasengan. She then attended Temari's platoon while Gaara and Ohnoki went to deal with the former Mizukage. 

Naruto tried attacking the Raikage but he was fast. Faster than his son. Even when she managed to land a couple of attacks or Rasengan and Rasen Shuriken, there were no dents or sign of damage. The clone Naruto saw a deep scar on his chest, the only scar visible, and asked a nearby Kumo shinobi of its history. Said shinobi replied that it had appeared after one of his battles with Hachibi, and that the Kage had refused to give any details except that it had been the most embarrassing incident of his life. 

The Sandaime Raikage began attacking with his Piercing fingered Thrust of Hell that had been reducing from four-fingered to three-fingered, increasing the sharpness and danger of the blows. She asked the Kumo shinobi to keep her safe while 'meditated' briefly. She opened the mind link between the clones and asked her lone that was with Killer Bee to give details. Gyuuki had said the the former Raikage had cut off all his tails with the 'single-fingered assault'. When asked about the scar, Gyuuki replied he had not much of an idea about that. "We were pushing against each other with all our might and we both fell forward."

Gyuuki might have not realised what had happened, but Naruto did. And she understood why the old man had been embarrassed by that incident. She went into Sage mode and deployed the tactic of Frog Kumite. It enabled her to sense danger over a wider range and the attacks were faster. Orochimaru made the Raikage go into the Single-Fingered Invincible Spear that would hopefully cripple Naruto without killing her. Too bad the one before the former Raikage was a clone, but he didn't have to know that.

The Raikage and Naruto approached each other with their attacks. At the last moment, Naruto shifted to let the Rasengan attack his left arm, the arm coated with lightning chakra to form the invincible spear. The arm changed course and pierced through his own body, proving that though the Raikage had the ultimate defense and the ultimate weapon, the spear was stronger than the armour. The man had been embarrassed since it was his own attack that had injured him.

The repetition of the humiliating incident froze the Raikage, giving the Sealing Corps to seal him away. 

.