Chapter 73: Meeting Two Important Clan Heads

Naruto teleported a little farther away from the Ichiraku restaurant and observed Konoha as she walked to the Hokage tower which was close by. She announced her official return to the two Hokages in the office, effectively waking up the younger of the two. 

She then went to her ANBU Commander who had dismissed her soon as he had work, before meeting her ANBU teammates. She spent some time with them as they were off duty for a few hours. She decided she would partly reveal herself to the rest of ANBU. Minus the recruits obviously.

When the announcement had been made that the Assistant Commander Yokaze Akira was actually Uzumaki Naruto (the once loudmouth, but still male), many were surprised, but not by much since the power was to be expected from one who had defeated an Akatsuki member. 

Few older misguided souls, however, had raised concern at the power of the demon brat. Naruto simply answered that as long as she had been Akira, they didn't have any problem with her and had actually praised her; It was also mentioned that since she had been a kid, she had done nothing offensive towards the village.

The argument of the accusing ANBU were weak since they themselves didn't seem to believe their own accusations and were simply stating due to old, fading prejudice. Naruto was accepted by her large 'second family' without any further hitches. That is if you exclude two certain Uchihas. Naruto had avoided meeting their eyes throughout the meeting. After that, she gave them a cheeky smirk before using the Body Flicker technique at its best to vanish away. 

Itachi glared at Shisui who innocently asked, "What?" "What was the need of teaching her that jutsu?" Itachi snapped. "My jutsu, my wish." the older man answered casually with his hands behind his head. It was a lot of fun riling up a stoic Itachi who was worse than Sasuke. The 19-year-old at least showed it when he was upset. 

Itachi shook his head. "You two are going to be the death of me." Shisui cooed, "Aww, but you love us as we love you."

What he didn't expect was a slight pink blush on Itachi's cheeks as he turned away. "Is that why you refused to marry Izumi?" Shisui asked simply without showing his surprise. No matter what his best friend and sister say, he was a Shinobi and knew how to control his emotions. "I don't know what you are talking about." Itachi answered normally- the usual cold tone with the hint of softness he reserved for his friends. 

Shisui smirked before following him. Oh this was fun! But was it worth at the cost of his little sister? He shrugged. Well, Itachi was a good person at heart, and better him than a stranger. But the weasel needed to loosen up and relax a bit. 

Fun indeed! 

Naruto transformed into Mina as she visited Uchiha Fugaku and his wife Mikoto in the privacy of their house and privacy seals. They exchanged pleasantries and talked casually till Mina said with a solemn expression, "I believe I owe the two of you an explanation, especially you, Fugaku-sama." Said man raised a brow in question. "I'm not exactly who you think you are." She said as she transformed into the male Naruto. Mikoto was shocked while Fugaku had a blank face, expression unreadable. 

That was until she noticed the tiny upturn of a corner of his lips forming a barely noticeable smirk that confirmed her fears. "You knew?" She blurted and the smirk grew. "The first time you had met me, the Kyuubi chakra hadn't been completely concealed as it had been in all the other times. But it was understandable seeing that you were a child then. But a superb feat nonetheless at that age."

Naruto paled as she remembered what Kurama had alerted her of after her first meet the Uchiha clan leader all those years ago. "Then why did you agree? Why not confront me?" She asked in a low voice. "At first I wanted to know your true intentions. I found them noble and followed along with your little act. I was almost fooled many times, had my mind not reminded me of the discovery I had made in our first meeting.