Chapter 30: Training For The Final Round...

Naruto met up with Jiraiya the next morning, a little later than usual, but it had to be expected. She had used up almost all of her chakra, and pushed her limits. But it only incresed the size of her reserves. The sage tried to get her to summon s,maller toads. She met Gamakichi and Gamatatsu, the two sons of Gamabunta. They were still small toads, and reach up to her mid-calf. Gamakichi was the older of the two and he looked like a mini-Gamabunta, with slight differences- his skin was dark orange whereas his father had crimson skin. Gamatatsu had yellow skin and was childish- he kept asking for snacks and candy regularly. Both of them became Naruto's familiar summons.

After lunch, Naruto asked, "Sensei, you said you taught the Yondaime, right? "Mhm." "What jutsus did you teach him?" "Hmm? Only basic elemental jutsus. Some Fuinjutsu. Then he went on learning by himself. He mastered the Hiraishin by himself, and took help only for complicated seals from his friend, a seal master even better than him and me." "Seal master better than you? Who is it?" "Well, she is no more. But I'll tell you about her some other time." Jiraiya stalled the topic since he was talking about Minato's wife and Naruto's mother. And the child shouldn't know of 'his' parents yet. "He also created his own jutsu- the Rasengan. It took him three years to get it right. And I took only 3 months." Jiraiya grinned smugly at his accomplishment. 

"Can you teach me? Please? Pretty please?" Jiraiya pretended to be hesitant but Naruto was having none of it. 'Oiroke no Jutsu.' "Jiraiya-sama, Onegai?" A blonde female with scanty clothes covered by white clouds pleaded cutely. "Deal!" Jiraiya yelled jubilant. It took all of Naruto's self control to smack the brains out Jiraiya for the stunt she had to pull through. 

He explained the concept and basics. Though Naruto had got the trick long ago, Jiraiya's teachings helped her use the jutsu smoother. She could spend less chakra and still get the attack more effective than before. It also helped her in cracking the elemental puzzle of the Rasengan. What Jiraiya had failed to mention was that Rasengan was an incomplete technique. It had the accumulation and control of chakra, but that was it. It was pure chakra. The elemental manipulation was lacking, and Minato couldn't get that when he was alive. His tips gave her ideas of the non-elemental variations of Rasengan, like the variations in size. All these trials and errors in Rasengan took a week. 

...

Naruto began, "Sensei, since I am your apprentice, can I take after you in seals as well? You are one of the best seal masters in Konoha, after all." This time, Jiraiya didn't hesitate. He first tested her skills in calligraphy and basic sealing. Naruto didn't hesitate from showing her knack in those subjects. Jiraiya was immensely pleased and proud of her skills, and occasionally, he did see Minato in her, and some of her skills that no ordinary shinobi had reminded him of Kushina. The Uzumaki had a special skill in sealing. It was like a bloodline limit like the Sharingan, except it was not as effective as any doujutsu or special Kekkei Genkai like Hyoton (Ice Release) and Yoton (Lava Release). Fuinjutsu was a mystery in all places. The only best thing one could do was seal a tailed beast, and the next best was summoning weapons from a scroll. At the end of the week, Naruto was Level 9 Seal Master.

Two weeks were left for the final round of Chunin exams, and Naruto asked her sensei the question that bugged her since she read some of the Jutsu scrolls of Senju Hashirama. It had triggered a comment or two from her memory that she had read in Minato's journal. "Jiraiya Sensei, you say you are a Toad Sage. I read in the library that Shodai-sama had Senjutsu that helped in his Mokuton- Wood Style- Jutsus. Are these two related?" "Well, yes and no. I follow Gama Senjutsu (Toad Sage Jutsu) and Shodai-sama's Senjutsu is heavily based on his Mokuton. I have no clue about it. No one has, except the former Hokage himself."

"Is there a chance I can learn Gama-Senjutsu like you did?" "The over-achiever, eh? But of course! However, it is tricky. I can do it the best, and have not achieved perfection yet. Yondaime can hold the Sage mode barely for a few minutes. Are you up for the challenge?" "Oh yes! I'll learn it before the final round!" "Oh really? You have only 2 weeks. Also you have to leave the village for the time you learn Senjutsu. Are you sure of this?" "Yes, I am. I will make you proud by mastering it as soon as possible. You will be helping me learn it, won't you?" "Yes I will. Now let's have lunch, we can see the Hokage about you leaving the village for two weeks."