Chapter 88: Jyuubi

"Obito, what happened? Why are you following someone like him?" Kakashi asked shocked. However, he was not the only one shaken. Seeing Kakashi's desperate look for the first time had slightly shaken Obito's resolve too. However, the arrival of Madara and a trip to the past made him stay firm. 'This world...
None of it matters anymore!'

"I have nothing to say to you. All that's left is the final battle." 

On the other side, Madara did not seem to be going easy on them. He created a dragon of Mokuton- the same Jutsu Hashirama had used on Kyuubi when they had their last battle. Naruto in her Bijuu form was caught by the the dragon that coiled its body aroundthe large Bijuu form and began absorbing chakra. Madara extended his jutsu to bind the other Jinchuuriki and Guy who tried to intervene. 

Kakashi tried to talk Obito out of it, but Obito's answers were irritating Naruto. Kakashi's leg was injured, but he should be able to fight, or at least dodge. However, he was unable to dodge and fight against his former best friend.

Naruto broke free from the dragon's clutches and tried to help her friends who were caught by the dragon. Madara turned to her. "These guys are a distraction for you too, right? So in order for us to enjoy the little time we've got left..." He powered up to half of his Susanoo, only activating the sword that was aimed at the Jinchuuriki. 

Obito, on the other hand, was ready to kill Kakashi who was on his knees, grief paralysing him.

Naruto clicked her tongue as the Kyuubi form reduced to the Bijuu cloak. The clone near Kakashi was long gone due to one of Madara's earlier attacks. She created a clone that went to save Kakashi and counter Obito's words, while she herself went to stop the attack from Madara aimed at her friends.

Obito raised his weapon, a large shuriken aiming for the kill. "No one can escape the cycle that gives birth to trash and scum in this world. That's why I intend to remake the world." The shuriken was stopped by Naruto's clone. "I'm not trash and I don't intend to become trash either."

The one who stopped Madara's sword said, "I will stop you."

"I shall not let my comrades die!"

Kakashi remembered those words he had said to Sasuke when he was scared to the point of killing himself in the Land of Waves due to Zabuza's Killing Intent. He thought, 'I'm sorry Naruto. I'm the one who taught you Obito's words. You told me not to waver, and yet I did. You have always tried to increase my faith in myself, you called me 'Ni-san', yet you seem to be my Ni-san.'

Obito ran forward to attack Naruto.

Madara raised a second sword.

Kakashi rose swiftly and dashed.

 Guy gathered enough chakra and made his move.

"Raikiri!"

"Hirudora! (Afternoon tiger)"

The Hirudora is one of Guy's techniques that uses his incredible speed and power in Taijutsu to bend the air around his arm/leg that attacks, creating shapes of animals (here, a tiger) in the process. The amount of air bent is not to be underestimated and is on par with a Jutsu that uses chakra.

Kakashi spoke up, "Obito, your once strong will is still alive today, right next to me." He pointed to Naruto's clone beside him. "I believe it has grown even stronger! What I can do now is to protect your will that is now in the form of Naruto."

Kakashi tried to hold himself, but ended up falling on his knees again, panting. "You've mastered the Sharingan and awakened your Mangekyo. You used that to perfect your Raikiri. But right now, can you make it back from the other plane in this state?" He began approaching Kakashi to take him into the Kamui Dimension using his visual prowess. "Go back to the trash heap, Kakashi" Naruto punched him in the face. "I don't like people who look down on others with extreme prejudice." She muttered.