Chapter 64: The ANBU Second-in-Command

I know this ain't Naruto exactly. But this is the closest I found to a blonde-haired, blue eyed ANBU Kunoichi 😅

 But this is the closest I found to a blonde-haired, blue eyed ANBU Kunoichi 😅

To boost everyone's memory,

Yamamoto Daisuke is the more serious one- Jaguar;

Suzuki Arata is the more childish one- Lion;

Yokaze Akira is Naruto, the youngest of the group- Cheetah;
Watanabe Kazuhiko is the Captain, Second-in-Command of ANBU Panther- Leopard.

And all of them have their childish streaks, while Arata has his serious moments.

Naruto travelled around a bit before going back to Uzushiogakure. She had encountered an abandoned lab of Orochimaru on the outskirts of Konoha, where he must've experimented before becoming a Rogue Shinobi, if few dates marked on the notes were taken into account. She collected whatever she found useful and sent a message to Jiraiya to inform the Hokage of the lab and investigate it.

There were barriers around Uzushio already for its secrecy, but she had put up even more to hide herself. Once she had got settled there, she went as Yokaze Akira, ANBU Cheetah to her Captain, soon-to-be Commander, ANBU Leopard Watanabe Kazuhiko and found her teammates there as well- Lion: Suzuki Arata, Jaguar: Yamamoto Daisuke- their masks placed beside.

Leopard greeted, "Ah Akira, right on time. I was just about to call you." A wide smile bloomed involuntarily on Akira's face upon seeing her ANBU team/family. "It's good to see you again, Hyo-Taichou, Daisuke, Arata." "Good to see you too, Akira." Arata chirped while Daisuke simply smiled and nodded.

Kazuhiko said, "Pleasantries aside. I shall be instated as Commander shortly, after Panther announces his resignation. I have chosen my Second in Command. I only hope the other two will accept whomever I choose." He looked genuinely worried. Daisuke reassured him, "We are honoured to even be considered. But I will be happy for my friends, provided they do not become bossy." He glared playfully at Arata, who stuck out his tongue childishly. "Same goes for you as well." He retorted.

Kazuhiko interrupted the banter. "Thank you boys for your cooperation. I choose Yokaze Akira, ANBU Cheetah to be the Second in my Command. Will you accept?" He smiled as he broke out the news. 

Daisuke was genuinely happy, his wide smile showed it. Arata grinned wide with his thumbs up. Akira was simply shocked. She began slowly, "I would love to... but..." Her audience looked perplexed. "I have been meaning to tell the three of you something. Please hear me out before you offer me again."

They looked on, asking her to continue. She took a deep breath and started, "What do you think of the demon child, Uzumaki Naruto?" They were perplexed at the question, but knew that she was acquainted with Naruto. 

"I think he is a talented shinobi, not a demon child." Kazuhiko replied. "I don't think he is a demon as they say, from what I have seen of him that is." Daisuke said. "I think he was cool during the chuunin exams four years ago. Why do they call him demon anyway?" Arata asked.