Chapter 69: Naruto vs Pein

Greetings to my dear friends (the readers!). I just wanted to inform that THIS CHAPTER is a very long one compared to all my previous ones, and possibly future ones. I had actually written it as two initially, but the number of chapters of this book is increasing rapidly and I do not want to scare off anyone who is reading fanfics for the first time and... My ramblings. I have my reasons that concern many readers... but I have merged the two chapters under a single one.

Hope you enjoy it. Read & Review. Comment & Vote.

NamikazeNaruto20

Naruto entered sage mode once again by dispelling a clone storing nature energy. There was one more clone left. Naruto created a fireball that was absorbed by Gakido. The fireball had been a decoy as Naruto ran to attack the two them. Either Gakido was faster or Tendo's visual link helped them do the next move. Gakido caught Naruto and twisted her arms back to get a better grip and began absorbing her sage chakra. 

"Capture of the Kyuubi, complete." Tendo Pein stated. "I wouldn't be so sure of it." Naruto replied. "Quite tenacious you are, aren't you?" He asked rhetorically. Naruto found that she couldn't move and used it to her advantage. Excess of nature energy could turn one as a part of the nature- a stone to be precise. She began absorbing nature energy. Gakido began turning into a frog before becoming a stone. Naruto entered sage mode and broke free from the stone arms that bound her. She began plotting her next attack.

The remaining path, Tendo Pein had enough. He lifted his hand. However, instead of feeling a repelling force, Naruto felt an attracting force. She was quite close to him and hence was an easy catch. Literally. "Bansho Tein (Celestial Pull of All Creation)." He said as Naruto was dragged to him and he caught her throat and forced her down as she landed with her abdomen down. A rod emerged from his hand as he pinned Naruto's hands together on the ground with it. 

She struggled to escape but felt a foreign chakra in her system. It was not Genjutsu, it was more like puppetry, but unlike actual puppets that are controlled with external chakra strings, this controls from within the chakra system of the victim. Pein knelt before her. "Has this tamed you a little, Kyuubi?" 

Naruto swallowed her instinct to snarl and retort that she wasn't the Kyuubi, and thought with a calm mind. She wanted to stall a bit while forming plans on how to get away from a capture of this level. "What do you plan to do with the Bijuu? What are your intentions? What do you want? Why all the destruction?" She shot off questions one after another. "Why and what, you ask?" Pein began.

"Things seem to happen without any apparent reason. However, the reason becomes clear once it has happened." He skirted around the topic. Naruto gave him a no-nonsense glare. 

"But perhaps I can explain, now that you are captured. But will it change anything? I doubt it would if I told you why. But it wouldn't hurt to discuss." Naruto raised a brow in question. He continued.

"My goal is something even Jiraiya Sensei couldn't achieve. Creating peace and bringing about justice." Naruto scoffed. She had sensed the deaths of countless people, Kakashi, Shizune, many Uchiha clan members, she had sensed the dimming chakra of Jiraiya, the weakening chakra of Tsunade. She remembered the destruction caused by Akatsuki in various places. 

"Peace and justice? Look at what you have done to Konoha, Taki, other villages. My sensei, my shishou, my friends, my village. Causing despair to innocent civilians and children who have little to no idea about the affairs of the Shinobi. Cut the nonsense. Peace and justice, yeah right!"

Pein stood up. "Then tell me what your goal is." He asked. "Bring peace to the world, both civilian and shinobi. And you guys are making it more difficult for me." Pein looked up and paced around. "I see. That is noble of you." He replied. "But what about my family, my friends, my village? They had suffered the same, if not worse fate than this village. By Konoha shinobi nonetheless. How is it fair to allow only you people to preach on peace and justice?"