Chapter 61: Meet The Parents

"Tou-san is so cool and handsome!" Naruto said with awe

"Tou-san is so cool and handsome!" Naruto said with awe. Minato rubbed the back of his head and chuckled embarrassed at the praise. Kushina whacked him on his head, while shaking her head at his antics, grumbling something that sounded like 'fishing for compliments, from your own child nonetheless'. Minato tried to placate his wife.

Naruto looked at the loving interaction of her parents with longing. Oh how she wanted this to be a part of her everyday life. They saw the faraway look in her eyes and decided to distract her.

"Naru-chan, you are born a girl, but with your Papa's face and hair, though your hair is long like your Mama's" Kushina observed and fussed over the blonde tresses.

Naruto revelled in her parents' spoiling. "But, Tou-san, you are handsome, so that makes me beautiful, right?" She asked innocently, her eyes shining bright. "But, Kaa-san's red hair is so pretty- long, red, straight, smooth hair. I would look good in that too." She added thoughtfully, brushing her mother's hair with her fingers.

Kushina giggled. "You are the second person to complement my hair- dattebane." "Dattebane?" Naruto smirked. Kushina looked away, slightly pouting, embarrassed. "It's my verbal tic. I try to control it, but it slips out whenever I get too emotional or excited. I hope you didn't get it from me." She explained. "I can control it, but the loudmouth Uzumaki uses it frequently- dattebayo." Naruto grinned

Kushina put an arm around her and brought her closer. "My child, of course-dattebane!" She yelled while Minato sulked and grumbled, "What about me?" Kushina cooed at his pout, not that he would ever admit to have pouted. Ever. Naruto grabbed his hands. "I am your child too, Tou-san. My hair and face tell so. I wonder why everyone in Konoha hasn't connected the dots yet. Kaa-san is happy that I have inherited some 'noble' traits from her too." 

She turned to Kushina. "But, Kaa-san, you used the tic when you mentioned that I was the second to comment on your beautiful hair. So is the first who I think it is?" She asked, nudging her with her elbows suggestively. "Um, depends on who you are thinking- dattebane."Kushina answered flustered. "Oh come on! You know we are on the same page." Naruto prodded. "Yes, well, it's your father. That was when I started looking up to him." Kushina replied smiling and reminiscing.

Naruto jumped slightly. "Oh yes! I have always wanted to ask you guys personally. How did you guys meet? How did your love story go on? How did Tou-san ask out Kaa-san? Everything!"

Minato's cheeks were tinted pink, Kushina was almost as red as her hair. "Well? Your journals hardly mentioned anything about your love life, other than your inner feelings. Maybe some incidents. But I want to know it directly from the both of you." Naruto prodded, barely able to contain her excitement.

Minato didn't appear to say anything, so Kushina said, "I was born in Uzushiogakure, and at quite a young age, I was brought to Konohagakure. It was during the second Great Shinobi War, six years into it. Soon, after my entry in Konoha, Uzushio fell due to the combined effort of Kumo, Iwa and Kiri. Sure I was sad and grieved for my birth place, but I didn't resent the other villages, so I ask you to do the same. It was all the matter of previous generations. But I did get depressed over the death of my loved ones. However, I was too young to remember them all. I knew my mother for five years, but never knew my father.