Chapter 11: Introducing Team 7!

Naruto woke up at 5 am, did the daily routine of prep, training, research, practising male behaviour outside, showing her true nature only with Kurama. Hiding emotions even behind the eyes- she learnt soon after the Uchiha episode that emotions can be seen through eyes, though others believe they are well hidden. She had mastered the Hiraishin 2 years ago, and was discovering new variations of the technique that was invented by one Hokage and made another famous.

Disguising herself as usual, she set off to the Academy. Iruka gave a speech on his students as they were leaving to become shinobi. None of them wanted to hear it... except Naruto, who willingly allowed unshed tears in her eyes in the hope that Iruka would understand her gratitude to him, which he did and almost teared up. He announced the teams.

Teams 1-6: Consist of the civilian kids

Team 7: Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke; Jounin leader: Hatake Kakashi

Team 8: Inuzuka Kiba, Hyuuga Hinata, Aburame Shino; Jounin leader: Yuhi Kurenai

Team 9: Still in circulation (students a year older than Naruto)- Hyuuga Neji, Tenten, Rock Lee; Jounin leader: Maito Gai/Might Guy

Team 10: Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Ino, Akimichi Chouji; Jounin leader: Sarutobi Asuma

Naruto had to cheer when Sakura was named in his team, and get depressed when Sasuke was named. Internally, however, she groaned at both the names, and started sobbing, while Kurama comforted her by advising various plots to kill her teammates. Hatake Kakashi seemed the only happy part of the bargain. He was the only living student of Namikaze Minato's genin team. She learned of his history from her father's journal and a little research (i.e., talks around the village).

Hatake Sakumo, Konoha's Shiroi Kiba- white fang- was hailed a prominent shinobi till a mission where he chose the safety of his comrades above the completing of the mission, leading to losses for Konoha. He was scorned by all, including those whom he saved, became depressed and committed suicide while his only son was still a young kid in Academy. Kakashi, who had till then been a slightly arrogant but sweet prodigy, turned a cold, arrogant kid who valued rules above comrades. He who once had been proud of his father, then scorned him as he committed suicide. After joining Minato's genin team along with with Nohara Rin, a friend of Obito and an admirer of Kakashi, and Uchiha Obito, an orphan who was the exact opposite of a typical Uchiha, the dead-last, brash idiot claiming to be Hokage, who loved Rin and disliked Kakashi for being a prodigy and gaining his love-interest's affections. Soon after Kakashi was promoted to Jounin at a very young age, Obito had died at the battle of Kannabi Bridge, when a rock had crushed half of his body. One of the Sharingan eyes he had awoken moments before his death had been given to Kakashi, who had lost an eye in the same battle. Obito had made Kakashi realise that 'Those who don't obey the rules are scum, but those who abandon comrades are worse', and made him believe that his father Sakumo was a hero. He made Kakashi promise to protect Rin. However, Rin had soon died by attempting suicide by jumping in the way of Kakashi's signature attack Chidori aimed for an enemy. Kakashi blamed himself for their deaths and was recruited by Minato as his personal ANBU once he became the Yondaime Hokage, to keep him form drowning in depression. A couple of years later, Minato had died too in the Kyuubi attack.

He was now known as the Sharingan no Kakashi (Kakashi of the Sharingan) who always arrives late for missions and meetings. What very few know is that the time was spent in front of the Memorial Stone for Shinobi martyred in missions. He had developed a habit to read books that contain extremely mature content in public. His face is covered except his right eye. The left eye is covered by the Hitai-ate and the rest is covered by his traditional mask that goes beyond the neck. Naruto couldn't blame his bad habits, Shinobi are human, not tools. He just didn't have the right kind of support and didn't accept help from others. She decided she would help him as his student, Uzumaki Naruto. After all, the Hatake had kept a look out an ANBU for her well-being when she was younger, and Naruto was very generous in repaying... Itachi's case had proved it...