Chapter 114: Awa Odori

I'm reminding my dear readers once again: female form of the protagonist shall be henceforth mentioned as Namiko, and her male form as Naruto.

Till something happens...

"We can put this behind us, Nee-san. We can forget that ever happened."

Though Naruto was rational, the gentle part of him acquired from Minato disliked to see his dear one suffering. And he could see that he wasn't the only one feeling awkward and uncomfortable with the tense atmosphere. Ignoring might not solve anything, but at least they can avoid such circumstances in future...

He approached her slowly, observing her dishevelled state. Don't get him wrong, Tsunade still looked like a prime Hokage material- strong looking without any wrinkles, robes proper without stray thread- Shizune's perfection- and the usual low pony tail that kept most of her hair from interfering with her work.

But her eyes told him everything he needed to know. Their disagreement had taken a toll on her mental strength. And while (one of) the strongest shinobi in physical prowess is chosen for the role of a Hokage, the skill that helps the leader in their tenure is their brain power- memory, patience, thinking capacity, being strong enough to go against dear ones that have turned away for the worse, taking responsibility for losses while not being overwhelmed. 

Holding back a sigh, Naruto had uttered those words, and walked over when he didn't get any reaction. He was at arm's length away from the Hokage's desk when she visibly straightened.

Tsunade closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Opening them, she refuted him, "Grab a chair, Naruto. Let's not make this discussion any more overdue than it already is."

.

"How do you think she is doing?" A raven headed man asked his companion, another raven head but with longer hair. The companion simply sipped his tea, refusing to answer. He knew the former was only asking for the sake of hearing his own voice.

"Some find it extremely annoying when you speak all secretive, pretending you know the secrets of the universe." Their third companion with brown hair and red stripes on her face spoke up in irritation.

The first speaker laughed, wincing when the female whacked him in his head with her chopsticks. "But can't a brother feel so about his younger siblings?"

The kunoichi rolled her eyes, "If they are your siblings, then the one we have to be worried is for the ones they encounter."

"Hn." A smirk.

.

There were cups of tea, a special brew for the Hokage, one for each blonde, that Naruto had poured to them but left untouched. The Namikaze simply looked on expectantly, waiting for the older to make the first move. The Hokage rested her head on her hands that rest on the table upon the elbows, trying to make out her companion's moods and reactions, which were monotonously neutral and amicable.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "All this started after disagreement on your training for Seiichi. I understand that I must've come off as too harsh for you. But I don't believe I'm wrong. I have always let you have your way with whatever you and hence when I tried to enforce a little adult's wisdom on you, you have lashed out. I don't blame you much, seeing as it is an unusual experience for you."

Oh. Oh! This was what was brewing? Does he hear resentment? Sounds like some elderly bullshit that Ojii-Sensei had complained about. Some things need to be set straight. Because...

"Tsunade-sama, what is your relation with Yondaime-sama and Kushina-hime?"

... where was she coming from?"