Chapter 51: Uzushiogakure, Edo Tensei & Kirigakure

And I'm proceeding with whatever happened during the trip... Consider this Shippuden or not- whatever you wish!

Four months passed. Uzu no kuni, or Uzushiogakure, since the land was also considered a large, isolated island of a village once, had witnessed 102 shinobi sprinting around regularly in this time- 1 Jiraiya, 1 Naruto, 100 clones of Naruto. Twice a week, they would work in clearing the ruins and trying to build what had been destroyed, and find scrolls. The rest of the week would be used by the clones in studying the scrolls salvaged. There were so many scrolls that the clones had to work overtime. Who could blame them? The Uzushiogakure had been the home of Uzumaki clan, that was one of the most ancient clans, probably only younger than the Senju and Uchiha clans, a clan famous for and destroyed because of their power in the Sealing Arts.

The place was almost resurrected. Almost. What was achieved by many Uzumaki Seal Masters over many years and improvised over many more, couldn't be achieved by one Uzumaki Seal Master in few months, Jinchuuriki or not. But Naruto wasn't trying to build a village back to it's old glory, she only wanted the relics to be grand for anyone to see in future- if she would allow anyone near the village again after it's destruction. After all, she planned to make it her hideout...

Even though many scrolls were missing, the reduced number didn't make it any easier. In fact it only made things difficult. The places where scrolls had gone missing had a lingering smell of snake that was fading only naturally since no one else had come here. Naruto deduced that Orochimaru was the 'scroll-stealing thief'. He had always been obsessed with knowledge and experiments and immortality. How else could he have brought back the soul of her father who had been sealed in the belly of Shinigami by an Uzumaki Jutsu? She fumed at the thought of her homeland being desecrated by the vile and ambitious snake.

Naruto learned that the Uzumaki seal-masters had discovered the level 15 in sealing and only the most venerable seal masters had reached it. The levels 12 to 15 could be considered a bloodline limit, if it were a special element or doujutsu. Naruto increased the number of clones to speed up her training. The sooner she mastered this unplanned training, she could travel and complete the original aim of the travel. Within three months, Naruto had reached the level 15 in sealing. She put up several barriers around Uzushiogakure, to divert any traveller, civilian or shinobi, human or animal from the village. Outsiders would see the ruins and would automatically change their route anyway. Certain level of Uzumaki Genjutsu was induced in the seal responsible for that.

Uzumaki Chains were a sort of bloodline though and it would be very strong and numerous in certain members of the clan, like Kushina. Naruto could activate hers, but was unable to do it as perfect as her mother since she had no living Uzumaki to teach her properly.

There were many scrolls that had ingenious ideas. And some had very important answers for some highly asked questions and she stored them away for future.

As for communication with Konoha, she was summoned for 1 Jounin mission and 2 ANBU missions. She had sent a letter to her Uchiha friends about the lack of letters till further notice. After all, the barriers divert even messenger birds.

Back to the first line- Four months passed. Jiraiya and Naruto were passing through Mizu no Kuni- Land of Water, another elemental nation, whose heart was the Kirigakure. She settled for an open field close to a forest to put her theories of Edo-Tensei to test. She wanted to observe and learn through practice. She had decided to perform with animals and was trying to summon one deer from another. The host was a deer of light-yellow complexion. The summoned deer was one of brown-yellow complexion.

As she performed the Jutsu, large, white, paper-like flakes covered the host deer and settled to bring out a deer of complexion darker than the host. Experiment success. Naruto made her observations, dispelled the techniques and retired for the day.