Chapter 112: Some Contemplation

I'm reminding my dear readers once again: female form of the protagonist shall be henceforth mentioned as Namiko, and her male form as Naruto.

Till something happens...

Previously:

There was a momentary pause in their attacks while they prepared for their next moves, when Kurama, the chibi Kyuubi, walked in between them, his snout in the air, with the air of an offended fox.

"And here I was, out of my comfort zone, in a form too small for my pride, ready to build a barrier when the two of you would, inevitably, go overboard with your Jutsus! But your Taijutsu spar itself is sloppy. Both of you getting distracted! I'm going to the forest to rule over my foxes for a while!" He grumbled and huffed as he walked away, snout in the air.

The two shinobi were mortified at being caught obvious at slacking, but it took a while for each of them to realize that the other seemed to be as side-tracked as themselves.

Itachi simply smirked at the information, mind suddenly focused. It seemed his girl was finding him attractive. For the first time in his life, he was thankful for his natural beauty and was glad for his regular workout that kept him in shape. He used to find his fangirls annoying, but didn't care much for them, but now, it seems, his innate charm was working on his love.

He flexed his muscles. Because he could.

Namiko, the naive girl, didn't exactly understand why her love was distracted.

Why would the ever-perfect Uchiha have his attention diverted? There was no enemy, no stalker, no passerby. Could it be the same reason of her own distraction? Was she even capable of doing such a thing to Itachi who has better control over his emotions than anyone else?

But, there's no other explanation, right?

Her rampant thoughts were cut off as she suddenly looked into dark orbs that suddenly seemed darker than usual... 

Now:

The sudden proximity caused a hitch in her breath. Her mind vaguely registered a warm hand on her chin. 

Were his eyes always that dark... There was supposed to be a distinction between the ball and its pupil, right... The outer ring of red that was similar to the colour of his Susanoo, the ring that was visible only from being too close... the intensity in its colour sharpening only certain situations- battle and... now? Or many other times? What were those times... The red ring was enchanting as ever...

What was she trying to remember anyway.

The heat felt from his body seemed similar compared to what she saw in obsidian pools... How could heat be received from a simple look...

Anything with Itachi was never simple.

Nothing with Naruto was ever simple.

Itachi could see the bright blue eyes darkening with lust... he could also see the gears turning as they tried to decipher his feelings as well as her own.

His girl was dense in such intimacy of her own case, it was adorable.

Too adorable.

He was turned on even more.

A low growl escaped his throat.

But the blonde was too busy to notice it.

"Namiko..." his voice slipped out, husky and low and warm.