Chapter 59: Winning Over The Inner Demon

Naruto and Bee bumped fists. Bee showed her glimpses of his life. The fist bump has, according to him, always been a way of communication between two souls. It was more distinguishable between two Jinchuuriki, though. Naruto looked at her current mentor's memories.

.

Bee was only a child and just selected as the Third Raikage's son Ay's tag team partner for the A-B combo. They became brothers in all but blood. Bee had rapped even as a kid, but not as much as he did as an adult. The older teen was pleased with the potential of the child and encouraged him to grow stronger faster if he needed to match Ay's power. During  a camp with Ay and Blue B, Ay's cousin, the cousins were talking as Killer Bee was sleeping.  This was Ay's memory, Bee had seen during one of their fist bumps.

Blue B, the then Jinchuuriki of Hachibi (Eight Tailed beast) was discussing as to how Killer Bee would be chosen as Hachibi's Jinchuuriki after his own imminent death like the previous Jinchuurikis. Blue B admitted he was barely able to keep the Bijuu under his control and would soon be unable to do so, and the beast would rampage again. Ay assured Blue B that he was a strong and skilled shinobi and hence had been chosen as the Jinchuuriki, but the other man shook his head. 

"It's not about skill. It never was. It's about a hole in the heart. Once I had become a Jinchuuriki, people shunned me unconsciously and consciously as well. They might not admit it, but they do it even now. It creates insecurities and a hole in the heart. I tried my best to fill it, but in vain. I don't think I can fill it now. It is far too late for that. Make sure Bee has his heart filled before becoming a Jinchuuriki. Anything to hold on to."

Blue B had died due to the extraction of Gyuuki when it went into a rampage a day after the talk between the cousins. As predicted, Killer Bee had been chosen as the next Jinchuuriki and the boy felt honoured.

Ay and Bee bumped fists at the Waterfall of Truth. Ay said, "Listen Bee. Things will become more difficult than you imagine from here. If you have any problem, if you want anything, remember, I'm there for you. Always. We are the ultimate Tag Team. Nothing will change that." Bee's face lightened up with an unknown feeling. Ay didn't seem to understand what it was and shrugged it off. This was just before Gyuuki was sealed into Bee.

From then, Killer Bee was even more faithful to Ay, and even supported him when his father died. Ay, however, had begun to confine Bee to the village under the pretext of keeping him safe, until Naruto had hinted to him about Bee's precious thing.

.

Naruto, after seeing the conversation at the waterfall, had understood that her hunch had been correct, though Bee hadn't said anything then. Bee lives and works for his brother. A Jinchuuriki was selected among the relatives of the Kage to prevent any chances of betrayal. That was supposed to be the unspoken concept in the villages with Bijuu, though there had been exceptions. In Kumogakure, Blue B's father and uncle had been the Jinchuuriki before him and the three of them were the then Raikage's relatives. Killer Bee might not a blood relative, but he had been adopted since young. He worked hard to be the perfect partner of his brother, the Raikage.

The talk between Ay and Bee in front of Naruto, more than a year ago, was about something bright in Bee's heart that helped him anchor the Hachibi. It was as bright as a Sun, if not more. It was Ay's words at the waterfall to him and him alone at the waterfall. Of course they had an emotional reconciliation when this was after Naruto. 

Naruto thought about her Sun. She didn't feel anything as bright yet. Kurama was a bright light in her life, of course. But he himself was the Bijuu in question. That was a bit confusing, so she left that matter to attend later when she had solved the bigger problem before her.