Chapter 32: The Invasion

"Winner: Uzumaki Naruto!" There was deafening silence making Naruto nervous. She didn't know how people would react to the win of the 'demon brat' against the Hyuuga prodigy. Her fears were put to rest when the crowd erupted in cheers. The 'loudmouth' ran around, cheering to the crowd.

Uchiha Sasuke vs Gaara; Sasuke was late. The Hokage was about to call the match, disqualifying Sasuke due to his carelessness, when 'Kazekage' pointed that Kakashi was a late-comer himself, despite being an admirable Jounin. He advised that the other matches be held till Sasuke comes. Sarutobi relented, having mixed feelings about this. This would mean the invasion would be delayed by a few hours at the maximum, but the other genins can be scrutinised too. Onto the next match.

Aburame Shino vs Kankuro; Kankuro hadn't expected himself to fight in a match, but in a war. He wasn't ready to reveal his best and only weapons- his puppets. He forfeited. Naruto simply shook her head with an amused smile.

Temari vs Nara Shikamaru; Shikamaru's laziness was at its peak since his opponent was a female. He had a good mind to forfeit just like Kankuro when he was unceremoniously thrown off the contestant stands onto the ground. He turned to see an innocently worried blonde asking, "Oh my god! Shikamaru, are you alright?" "Troublesome blondes." He muttered annoyed. He didn't get up from the ground even when the crowd booed at him. It was only when Temari taunted him for being a crybaby and scared of girls, did he get up and faced her.

He strategised to finish things, but Temari was no idiot. She escaped the shadow of Shikamaru that seemed to be able to travel till a particular limit. But she had no luck against a Nara of IQ around 200. He had lured her into his trap and used the holes in the ground Naruto's clones had created in the previous match to extend his shadow and caught Temari in his Kage Mane no Jutsu. He lifted his hand up, making Temari raise hers too. However, the lazy genin yawned and declared his forfeit, since he had been running low on chakra and was out of moves. He had been applauded for his tact.

All that was left was Uchiha Sasuke vs Gaara. The latter was waiting patiently on the field. Sasuke hadn't arrived yet. Genma was close to calling the match in favour of Gaara when a swirl of leaves appeared on the field, revealing Uchiha Sasuke and Hatake Kakashi. "And after all the warnings I gave that masked nin, he still arrives late. That flashy entrance could've been given a long time ago." Fugaku thought annoyed. "Kakashi-sensei is rubbing off on Sasuke in all the wrong ways." Naruto thought as she facepalmed. Sasuke wore all black, with little difference in styling. The turtleneck short sleeved shirt with the Uchiha Fan symbol on the back, and the knee length shorts.

The match began, Sasuke began a barrage of medium-sized fireball. They were followed by a huge fireball. He activated his Sharingan that he had awakened till two tomoe in the past month. A genjutsu is generally useless on a Jinchuriki since the Bijuu can stir up the chakra and dispel it, but a genjutsu by a powerful Mangekyo Sharingan is an exception, not that Sasuke knew that. Sasuke soon showed his Chidori, the move Kakashi had taught him.He pierced through Gaara's sand shell and injured him. This was Gaara's first injury and blood was drawn. This was the perfect moment to go into a rampage. Orochimaru took this as the cue to put on a genjutsu that would put everyone to  sleep, unless they can release it that is.

Orochimaru killed his Suna guard, grabbed Sarutobi with a kunai at his neck and went to the roof. Jiraiya followed him and barely reached him on time when a 'Purple Flame Barrier' was put up around the three by four Oto nin. This barrier was to prevent anyone from getting in or escaping out. The four called themselves Sound Four. Gaara had partially transformed into Shukaku and ran out of the stadium, closely followed by Temari and Kankuro. He transformed back into normal and went to Baki who rallied the Suna forces against those of Oto. Naruto created clones that went to check on the seals on Academy and Hospital.