Chapter 101: Aftermath of War & Self Evaluation

The battleground was declared unfit for the regrowth of forests. Hence, Iwa Shinobi were more than happy to help shuffle and replace the soil, while Hashirama was only too enthusiastic to fill it with forests. Tobirama stopped him from filling more than half the land with forests. They were impure reincarnations, and hence, their chakra impure, no matter how positive Hashirama's chaka seems, compared to other Edo Tensei shinobi.

Those capable of mobility planted seeds in the empty patches of the ground. Camps were set up for all medic ninja deployed in the war to come and tend to all major wounds. The combined effort and enthusiasm resulted in the healing to be finished in a day.

Or, Naruto simply didn't acknowledge her work.

Unlike the 'Pein Attack' in Konoha where there had been a village to rebuild, it was only a forest here and that was a natural process only have sped up by Hashirama.

Speaking of the Shodai, all the reanimated allies- Senju Hashirama, Uzumaki Mito, Senju Tobirama, Uzumaki Naoko, Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina had simply vanished after the Nidaime Hokage stopped his brother from turning the barren the land into a new 'Forest Of Death'. No one saw them again.

Except for Naruto, who placed them in her 'safe' house, i.e., her home.

Naruto's clones helped bring food supplies for everyone. Only few realized that it was her.

Or so she thought. 

She wasn't exactly wrong, but those few were determined to make it known to everyone about her efforts.

After a day of healing and rest, all shinobi were sent home.

Naruto was declared a hero unofficially. 'He' had captured almost everyone's hearts.

Almost.

Sasuke didn't seem so inclined to accept that his dumb teammate, the dumbest in their village, was actually the strongest, strong enough to have overpowered Uchiha Madara. 

He didn't resist making a few snide and snark comments about and around Naruto.

Most didn't believe him anyway. The majority of who would believe him were unsurprisingly from Konoha, who had, by default, hated the demon child until 'he' had tried to prove friendly and saved them from Pein.

Thankfully, Itachi, Shisui, and the ANBU (who were all fond of 'him') took care of almost every collateral damage from Sasuke.

Too bad Mikoto was at home, taking care of and keeping watch on all the kids, civilians and elders of Uchiha clan. She would've taught Sasuke a good lesson, Fugaku thought. Well, they would be back in Konoha in another day. And getting humiliated before only his clan and Konoha would do much less damage to his ego than that before the shinobi of Five Nations.

After everyone had reached their respective villages safely, two days were officially declared by the Godaime Hokage in Konohagakure to mourn the dead.

Naruto had participated for barely one day before she vanished without trace.

She had already been feeling slight numbness behind her eyes that she suppressed for as long as possible.

...

We find Naruto in the Turtle Island she had reached after having a private conversation with the Raikage, asking his permission to use the services of the island.

If she had to lose her senses for a couple of days, why waste it being a burden on others and letting herself known to be vulnerable right after the war, when she could use it for some much required self evaluation?