Chapter 68: Konoha in Danger

Naruto returned to her hideout where an angry and worried grandfather was waiting for her. She arrived in the room to see the blue Hokage with folded arms and the coldest expression she had ever seen. This was what she had forgotten.

"Senju Namikaze Naruto. Where exactly have you been?"

Naruto tried to smile innocently. "Training, Ojii-sama."

Tobirama raised a brow. "In Taki?" Naruto stiffened. "I could sense your chakra in Taki. Did you forget?" He explained.

"Yes, in Taki. I decided to visit Fuu and train with her." She had been reckless, taking two Akatsuki members on her own and he had caught her. She tried to escape from his wrath by lying.

Tobirama didn't buy the story. He glared harder and she gulped. "She called me because two Akatsuki members attacked her." She confessed.

Tobirama knew it was the truth and turned away. He did not talk to her for an entire day. But how long can someone stay mad at the sweet Naruto, his own granddaughter, especially when she was repeatedly apologizing through words and gestures? He spared her anymore of his silent treatment but scolded her.

"Do you know how worried I was? Do you realize how reckless your actions were? What would've happened had you lost? I did not get back to my granddaughter only to lose her in a petty fight because of her recklessness!" He ranted while she bowed her head in shame.

He sighed and hugged her. "Don't ever do that again. Next time, take me along. Inform me at the least." Naruto hugged back. "I'm sorry. I apologize Ojii-sama." She sobbed. She was very upset with herself for having upset her grandfather, her idol.

Tobirama pulled back and smiled. "Let's continue your sensory and Katon training."

Naruto showed great improvement in the time she had been training with her idol and grandfather. She could sense chakra beyond a village or two like him. She could also sense others using her lightning affinity. The bio-electricity she senses in others was much more useful than sensing chakra that can be suppressed and hidden. However such sensing can only give the count of the enemy, not who they could be. 

She learnt how many characteristics of a person can be discerned from the chakra of a person- the affinity, emotions, clan, and even gender. She was up against Rinnegan and more. Naruto had be prepared for anything and everything.

.

Tobirama had told once, "Sensors are more sensitive to the surroundings than others. The sensitivity increases with the skill of sensing. I was born a natural sensor and honed it to the maximum at a young age. Information bombards me all the time until I block off my senses. I needed something to ground me, till I could control myself, at the least, for Shinobi can't rely on others every time.

Not every sensor needs grounding. Uchiha Madara was one of the best sensors of my time, but he didn't need one. There were great sensors among the Uzumaki as well, but no one needed someone to help concentrate their sensing on one object to block out unnecessary information."

Naruto asked, "Who was the one who helped you ground your senses?"

Tobirama smiled, neither happy, nor sad. "That's a tale for another day. But I'm telling this to you because you aim to surpass my sensing. You might need a lodestone, something that would help focus your sensing and block out unnecessary information as well."

"What was the nature of your lodestone?" 

"Since my primary affinity was water, my lodestone was fire. But not any fire. It was warm and hearth-like. But it was not always like that. When I tell you about that person, you shall understand. But it need not always follow the rule that complementary natures ground each other. As a user of Wind primarily and Water next, you might also find a fiery burning star, or lightning."