Chapter 79: Shimura Danzo

"I believe we get to decide that." 

Heads snapped to the entrance of the hall to see, "Naruto?" Gaara asked. "Hello Otouto!" Naruto replied.

Tsunade looked at Akira, questioning her at the seemingly natural, but unnatural phenomenon. Said unmasked ANBU simply shrugged innocently. The Naruto before them was a clone. 'The prankster.' Tsunde thought annoyed. Yep, that's Konoha's Number One Prankster for ya!

Ay greeted warmly, "Ah Naruto, long time no see. How have you been?" Naruto grinned back. "As well as I could be, Raikage-sama. How about you?" Ay waved his hand airily as if they were long time friends and as if the idiot hadn't crashed a highly important meeting between influential leaders. 

"How long have you been standing there, Naruto-kun?" Ohnoki asked. "Greetings to you as well, Tsuchikage-sama. I've been in the building just in time to hear Madara claiming to have captured the three Bijuu." Naruto turned to Gaara. 

"Really, Gaara? Don't you trust a fellow Jinchuuriki? I'm hurt." Naruto pouted as 'he' made him remember what 'he' had told him when they had first met. 

'We may not be able to trust others, but we can trust our fellow Jinchuuriki, right?'

Gaara sighed. "I just wanted to keep you safe. I don't know what I would have done if I lost you, Nii-san."

Naruto chuckled. "Thanks for worrying, Gaara. But I am a big boy now. Also, being the Aniki, I should worry about you, Kazekage." Turning to the others, Naruto gave a short bow. "Greetings to the other leaders and the escorts as well."

"Gaki, why did you come here?" Tsunade asked while Naruto glared at her for calling 'him' a brat. "Akira over there called me when Madara had come. But looks like I was too late." 'He' replied vaguely.

Ohnoki intervened. "Back to the matter at hand. I want Naruto to be the link between the Head Quarters and the Jinchuuriki." "I would say Utakata. He has my trust." Mei voiced. Tsunade said, "I go with Naruto as well." Gaara sighed, "Me too. That will teach him some responsibility." A smirk told Naruto that he was joking. 'He' gasped as 'he' whispered scandalously, "You wouldn't!" Gaara rolled his eyes. 

"As much as I would like to put Bee there as his brother, I believe Naruto would do be better." Ay said. Mei smiled amused. "Oh well, I shall vote for the naive and handsome boy then." Others sweat-dropped at her words. Naruto gave her an oblivious smile. Daisuke successfully hid his snickers but Akira caught him and gave him a confused look. He assured his teammate that it was nothing by shaking his head.

Meanwhile, Naruto felt overwhelmed. It was much greater a responsibility and honour than the direct promotion to Jounin from Genin. "I'm honoured that you all have decide to trust me. But as I said, I would consult my fellow Jinchuuriki on this matter."

Mifune called out. "Until further notice, Uzumaki Naruto, Kyuubi no Jinchuuriki, will lead the other Jinchuuriki sans the Kazekage, and shall be the link between the Head Quarters and the the Vessels."

Ay said, "We must start preparing for the war. We shall meet up in Kumogakure in two weeks to discuss our battle strategy." The others agreed. "Alright then. I shall now conclude the Summit. I shall attend the meeting as the leader of the Samurai."

Everyone went their own paths. As no more time could be wasted, the Hokage and her two (three?) escorts picked up pace without any stops. Once they reached Konoha, she promptly ordered them to take the rest of the day off. 

.

The next day, she called the for a council meet. The civilians weren't present. Ever since Tsunade became Hokage, the civilian council were rarely called for any council meet. After all, this was a shinobi war.