જ Fallen Moon જ ☾ Angelina ☽

Book Name: Fallen Moon

Author: Moon_G0ddess

Reviewer: AlysaKimera

Title: 6/6- The title shows the whole plot of the book well. It shows what the story really is all about and about the main character. Well, done.

Cover: 6/7- Overall I love the cover and kudos to the book cover designer and the author. The book cover is eye-catching and awe-inspiring with the right design and most importantly, the right background that is very distinctive and can clearly let the title and the author's name stand out. One only piece of advice I will give the author is to not use reflective text effect for the author's name on the book cover. Many authors and book cover designers might think that using reflective text effect could effectively make your book cover stand out but that depends on the design of the book cover so for this book cover, I personally advise the author not to use the reflective text effect because the reflective text design is a bit too dazzling for me.

Blurb: 7/7- It completely tell the details and the plot of the story well. Well done.

World and Settings: 9/10- I would say, on one hand, the author started with the first scene of the story which is that the princess wakes up due to the noise heard outside her room which I think it might be fine and it is different than the usual stories I had read. On the other hand, the author did not give that many hints about the world other than the castle, the brief description of the streets, the sea, the underground tunnel and the northern territory. If I may, I would advise the author to start describing the kingdom from the one where Celine and her twin sister lives and expand on that, also give some insights about how the war started and who was killed in the war and how the new king rule, which I think need more details but not too much till it disrupts the flow of the story. For now, this is my suggestion but will be more specific if the book is completed.

Plot and concept: 9/10- The plot is great, and I really do love the way how the author started the story and slowly build on there. Pacing is okay and it does not feel like the author was trying to complete the parts of each chapter so soon but could be better with some flashbacks (long or short, is the choice of the author) of the past for some of the chapters that are related to the events that are happening next.

Characters: 10/10- For now, the characters are described well. The personality of the characters is well established, and the appearance is also written clearly. The attributes of the characters and mannerisms of the characters are also written clearly. Well done.

Content and chapters: 10/10- The content is good, and the pacing of the story is good as the scenes between Damien and Celein does not affect the pacing of the story. The scene between the father and Celein also does not affect the pacing of the story and so does the jousting, it does not affect the pacing and a bonus point, it does pick up my interest for this game in the book and about the relationship between Celein and Damien. Well done.

Writing Skills: 18/20- I am immensely impressed with the words used by the author to describe the scene of the book, which some authors find hard to do. I love the way the author describes the scene of the book in a 'show, not tell' way. Many authors find it hard to describe the scene in a show way because some are not used to using this way to tell a story, some might think that it is difficult and halfway through they give up, so I am really impressed. There are a few setbacks which one of them is that there are slight grammar mistakes, but it will improve over time and practice and many authors also have that kind of problem. The solution for this is for the author to ask someone to check his/her work, the more people checking the better because each people have their own opinion for the grammar mistakes and the area where the grammar mistakes are located. Another setback is the POV of the characters. I feel confused about the POVs because the author jumped from Celein's POV to Damien's POV to Erik's POV to Brynjarr's POV, it would've been better if the author just focus on one or two POVs for the whole story to prevent the confusion of the readers.

Style and Theme: 10/10- I really love the writing style of the author in writing this book. The story is interesting and keeps me on my toes in every chapter. I really do love the 'show, not tell' way the author uses to describes the event. So well done.

Enjoyment and engagement: 9/10- Overall, I really love this book and it hooks and gets my attention well with the plot, the style of writing and most of all, the pacing of the book. However, there are someplace that needs a bit of work from the author which one of which is the settings and the slight grammar mistakes.

Overall and Extra comments: 94/100- Overall, good job for the book but as I had mentioned above, there are some of the places where the author need to improve including the book cover, the settings and the slight grammar mistakes. I do not have that many of comments to say so that is all. Well done.

Thank you!

Have a Great Day ahead!!