જ Beyond The Barrier જ ☾ Angelina ☽

Book Name: Beyond the Barrier

Author: LilPegz19

Reviewer: AlysaKimera

Title: 6/6- The title of the book represents the adventure of the main character and the whole plot of the book. Well done.

Cover: 6/7- Overall I love the cover, but I find there is one part that should have been improved for the cover which is the author's name and the subtitle needs to stand out. I would strongly advise the author to place the subtitle above the title and the author's name below the title to make all three, the title, subtitle and the author name, stand out.

Blurb: 7/7- The blurb does present the plot of the story and the whole idea of what the story is all about. It also gives some insights into what is about to happen to the main character Delilah. Well done.

World and Settings: 10/10- Overall the world and the settings where the events take place is well written. I really think it is well written as many authors cannot write the settings of the story as well as this author. But of course, if there are points that I see that is not good for this part then I will update this review.

Plot and concept: 10/10- Overall concept and plot are well written and although there are flashbacks, there is no confusion of the plot where the story is going to.

Characters: 10/10- Overall the characters are well written. The appearance of the characters and the attitudes, their mannerisms and their way of speaking, manners are written well.

Content and chapters: 10/10- I can't really comment on this because the book isn't complete yet but for now, the story is well written. So, the first comment is about the pacing of the book. So far, the story is written at a good pace, not too slow and not too fast, and the author took time to develop the story as the events begin to unfurl. The story and the subsequent events build up well but still must wait and see for the upcoming chapters. Overall, the content is there, and the pacing of the story is just nice.

Writing Skills: 18/20- Okay, this may come across as blunt to the author so if the author is reading this part, please let me apologize if I offend you. Firstly, the book is well written but there is some evidence of grammar mistakes and it is already seen in the prologue of the story. Usually, most authors will try to make fewer mistakes in the prologue as the prologue shows the world or shows what happened before the main storyline of the story to the reader as what I had observed in the many books I had read. For yours, I found quite some errors which an example is the phrase "that is constantly drowning in a radiant shine". It's supposed to be that was constantly drowning in a radiant shine. Secondly, I advise the author to write the story so far (except for flashbacks) in the either present or past tense. So, to explain, since the story is written in a 'doing something now' kind of way, it should be present tense and the derivation of present tense like present perfect tense, present continuous tense and so on as the plot is what is happening now and, in the future, when Delilah meets the Damni and how she is going to bring peace to both realms. Also, when the author writes about what had happened 5 minutes ago, it can be written in the past tense. These are the pointers that the author must figure out on his/her own since it is his/her own book. This is very common a mistake as I also make the same mistake and is trying to improve on it.

Style and Theme: 10/10- For style and theme, it is not a problem so far and I love the style of writing that was written by the author for this story so far. So well done.

Enjoyment and engagement: 10/10- I enjoy the story so far because as I have mentioned above, the writing style of the author is unique, and the pacing of the story is just nice. The slight setback is just the grammar error, but it does not affect much of the enjoyment of this story.

Overall and Extra comments: 97/100- Overall the story is not that much of a problem and is enjoyable but just watch out for the slight grammar mistakes and writing in the past/future. Also, do notice about what I had said for the cover, and I think that's all the comments. If the story is fully completed, I could comment further but this is the comment so far. Thank you for letting me review this wonderful book, good job so far, and I hope to see the completed story for this book.

Thank you!

Have a nice day ahead!!