જ The Lioness Who Roared જ ☾ Angelina ☽

Book Name: The Lioness Who Roared

Authorconquestofthesomnium

ReviewerAlysaKimera

Title: 6/6- The title is eye-catching and is suitable for the whole book. It also shows what the plot of the story. Well done.

Cover: 7/7- I love the cover so much! The title of the book and the author's name stands out so well against the background. I love the background even though it is a simple one but it doesn't mean it won't make the 'ooh ahh' effect but it surely has that effect on me because although it looks plain, the elements and the layering of the lion and the woman against the orange background makes the feel change into a fierce one, which is suitable for the story. Another 'ooh ah' effect is the contrast of the colours in the title. It really makes a huge difference because it gives a sense of modern touch and contrast of brightness and darkness of the book cover. I have seen many books with this kind of book covers in my home and I really love those simple design with minimal editing in there which is like the author's. I was wondering how the author could do a simple yet beautiful book cover for this book.

Blurb: 6/7- The blurb shows what the story is about but there are some parts where there might be slight confusion. For example: Will Francesca love someone else to help her save Priene from her enemies? But overall, the blurb is okay.

World and Settings: 10/10- The world and settings of the story is well written, and it is not that confusing as well. It centres around Priene which the characters find out some ways to help Francesca help Priene from her enemies and the corrupted government.

Plot and concept: 910- The plot is really good and it does suit the whole story for now. I really hope that this could continue and maybe find a lover for Francesca.

Characters: 9/10- The characteristics, attitudes and the manner of the characters is well written but the problem with this is the appearance of the characters. For this, it is best for the author to have a character list with the description of the characters, characteristics, attitudes, and the manner of the characters so readers will get a good grip of the characters before they read the story and see how the characters progress from there.

Content and chapters: 10/10- The content of the book is really good with the starting scene of Francesca and her family going to Priene before they were being targeted by snipers and that Francesca's father asked her to go beck to Seda but she refused and the whole story developed from there even the death of her father. I really did not expect her father to die so it is a good start to the turning point on how she will continue to free Priene from the corrupted government and her enemies without having emotional breakdowns time to time and whether she will bow down to her enemies or will she keep on fighting. I really hope to see what happen next to Francesca and to her brother, Luigi.

Writing Skills: 19/20- I would say, this story does have less errors in writing compared to the other books I had reviewed before this one. There is a repetition of words in I think chapter 1 or 2 or 3? I can't remember but for grammar mistakes, I could not find any for now so well done. For the pacing of the story, the pacing is not too slow and not too fast but I think the author really have to add some flashbacks to know what is going on and why the Gifters and the Padrino hates the Rossi then it will be clearer for the readers to follow the story. Please forgive my straightforwardness for this part of the review.

Style and Theme: 10/10- I really love the writing style of the author in writing this book. The story is interesting and keep me on my toes every chapter. I really do love the 'show, not tell' way the author uses to describes the event. Also, the opening paragraphs for the first chapter is interesting and it shows the uniqueness of the writing style of the author. But let me say this, every author has their own writing style so I cannot judge and ask the author to change their writing style. Like mine, I follow a bit of Uncle Rick and a bit of Mr. Richard Paul Evans and some of my book even follow Sui Ishida or some other author's writing style, so I have to figure and develop my own writing style and it usually takes practice to do so.

Enjoyment and engagement: 10/10- I really do enjoy the book and I would really recommend it to anyone who read romance fiction books. The downside is just that the book is still not finished yet and the characters but otherwise, a good read.

Overall and Extra comments: 96/100- Overall, it is a good book, and I would recommend it for other readers to read. Downsides of this book is as written in the comments above and I am sorry if I had been blunt in my wordings until I had offended the author but overall, well done. I can't wait to the completion of the book and good job of writing such a good book author.

Thank you!

Have a nice day ahead!!