જ What is Love? જ ☾ Gracie ☽

Book Title: |What Is Love?| (Squid Game Guard x Fem Reader)

Author: bigscarr12

Reviewer: Veil_Of_Darkness

Cover (4/10)
The cover does show a tiny part of the storyline – the guard himself but it does lack some vital details including the title of the book, the fanfiction type, author etc. You can also try to make it a bit more aesthetic so that it becomes appealing to the readers.

Title (8/10)
The title is pretty good though it is a bit too common. It fits the storyline quite well but you can try to improve it more.

Blurb (8/10)
The blurb is quite amazing. Fitting description and dialogues though I could find some grammatical errors here and there. Once they are rectified, your blurb will have a hooking effect as expected by an author.

Writing Style (8/10)
Your writing style is pretty good but the inclusion of too many time skips during the crucial moments is a drawback. Maybe, you can include some breath-taking moments during these time skips so that they leave the readers hooked.

Characterization (10/10)
The characterization in your book is amazing. Even though anyone can fit in as the female reader, you have given the female lead a back story, proper behavior and emotions which is quite cool. Same goes with Jackson as well. Stunning.

Plot (5/10)
You have a good storyline – pretty good characters and a really nice plot but you do can improve your plot in the following areas:

» Avoiding lots of time skips
As said before, adding some exciting moments during these time skips will keep your readers hooked. Too many time skips cause a loss of flow to the story which must be tried to be avoided.

» Minor loophole in the plot
Somewhere in the first 5 or 6 chapters of the book, it is mentioned that Jackson entered the Squid game about two years ago. In the latest chapter you added, about Jackson's past, you have mentioned that he got involved in it when he was 10 and summing up... things do not look quite well.

Grammar and Vocabulary (7/10)
Your grammar and vocabulary is pretty good though you can try proofreading it before publishing so that the minor errors can be avoided. Also, you can try keeping a check on the punctuational errors so that it becomes quite comfortable to read.

Chapter compilation (6/10)
Something that might affect the reading comfortability of your book would be the chapter compilation. The face reveal of the guard could be added in the beginning and the Q&A section after your book is over – this will help a lot.

Theme/Genre Relevance (10/10)
Your book is quite apt with the genre and is romantic enough to have readers hooked. Also, it is quite aware that you have done some serious watching and understanding of The Squid Game. 

Personal Enjoyment (8/10)
I loved the story plot quite well (apart from the minor loophole and time skips). It has got a good potential of hooking readers once the above-mentioned errors are corrected. You can try including some new, exotic scenes in your book and other new words that will appeal more readers. Keep writing!

OVERALL SCORE: 74/100

Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer. Have a great day!