જ Puff Love જ ☾Cait☽

Book: Puff Love
Author: limjuyeon
Reviewer: Caitrw

Title: 3/5
I love the title because it is cute and original since I have not seen a title like this before. However, I am confused on what puff love means or indicates how it relates to the story.

Blurb: 3/5
The quote given gives an idea of what the story could be about however, I am still lost on what the story is about at first glance because there is no description which does not allow me to know what the plot might be.

Plot/flow of story: 9/20
The story was really fast paced where I seemed lost as I was reading it because one moment I was reading one event that was happening then the next it seemed like there was another event happening with no warning. As for the plot I know it is early but I was unable to determine and tell what the plot was.

Character Development: 5/10
Through the character's dialogue there was some development with the main character, however, I feel as if there was still not enough character development where I was able to know who is who as well as the background story of them.

Grammar: 4/5
There was some string wordage in the story which is amazing and helps create a strong story. However, when it comes to punctuation and grammar there were some misplaced and lack of words. For example, there were commas out of place as well as in the one chapter a character is asking the main character, "Did you put make-up?" The sentence should be "Did you put on make-up?" Or "Did you put make-up on?".

Readers enjoyment: 7/10
This is the first time I read a K-Pop fanfiction and I have to say I was invested and enjoyed reading it.

Overall Score: 31/55

Short Review
Overall I enjoyed reading the story and reading a new type of fanfiction. It was hard to read personally because of how fast the story moved where I was lost while reading it as well as the lack of character development and world building. It's important to make sure that the story does not move too fast (even though it can work if done correctly) that way the readers are able to follow along. A suggestion I can make is when it comes to each scene spend a little bit longer in each area with the characters as well and include more than just dialogue. For example, add what the world around them looks like that way it feels like the readers are in the book in a way (a.k.a world building) and add more about what's going on with the characters even what they look like.

Another area that is important is making sure that your story is labeled mature and even has a trigger warning. In the first chapter there is abuse which needs the tag of mature and I would suggest the trigger warning that way that readers have the heads up in case they have a hard time reading that type of material. Furthermore, the third person point of view works amazingly! This type of story really benefits from knowing how the characters are feeling compared to how the first person would only give the emotions of the person's point of view that we are reading. A suggestion I can make though is before switching to another character that's in a different scene from the other character make sure to include a page break as well as some description that shows that we are starting to read from another character's perspective.

Overall though, the story has a lot of great potential and I can not wait to see where it goes. The chapters did connect and make it easy so that as a reader we are not time hopping without knowing when it comes to each chapter.