જ Delicacy Devourer જ ☾Turhan☽

Book: Delicacy Devourer
Author: Summer_SKY_9
Reviewer: RoasterSultana
**************************

Title: 10/10
The title is unique and poetic, I really cannot point out any mistake on it! Perfect!

Cover: 8/10
Since the story is dark fantasy itself, the theme matched very well. But the text is a bit off...it makes it look like a YA chick lit fiction. Maybe adding blood or using bright red would make it better. Otherwise, it's intimidating and mysterious... just like the story!

Blurb: 9/10
Well-written blurb, a bit too long, but that's okay since nothing came out unnecessarily. But the blurb comes after the scene without much notice- I mean, there is no indication that the blurb just started. Perhaps it would have been better if you added the blurb before the scene.

Plot: 7.5/10
The plot was quite engaging, but nothing much has happened till the fifteenth chapter. Of course, things have happened- demon summoning, accidents, etc but comparatively when it comes to dark fantasy, a lot of things keep going on. But of course, it's hard to keep up and not make everything messy, and I love the fact that the plot is so well organized. I just felt like it was a bit slow-paced. 

Originality: 7/10
I just think there are some lackings in the originality. I've read many dark fantasy books and it always has to start with a brother (or any friend) suddenly summoning a demon. And the male lead character was just as I had expected- calm, cruel, and charming. But I'll get to that later. However the plot maneuvering is original, I loved the goblin and he was completely original too, which made me give a 7.

Grammar: 8.5/10
The book has very good grammar and choice of words. Just some typos. The sentence structure is also perfect- so no correction from me this time.

Characters: 6.5/10
I just can't get over Flitch! Never thought a goblin could be so funny and interesting. But here's the irony- the female and male leads are rather bland compared to him. The female lead gave off the "I'm not like other girls" vibe which was a downfall because I liked her at first for her pragmatism. The male "Li" was predictable. I would advise you to put in some character development as the plot continues.

Writing: 10/10
The way you give off emotions is just- wow! It's easy to picture a place as such. I think this is the reason why the story is slow-paced, there is nothing wrong with that but just try to make it quicker, but of course, don't hinder the great way you express and picture things in writing!

Chapters: 9/10
The chapter length was great. Each has its own climax. Only the change of POVs gets a bit confusing at one point, but I'm pretty sure as the story continues things will get clearer.

Overall Enjoyment: 8.5/10
I enjoyed the story! It was mostly grim but had hints of humor. That's what you call a not-boring-but-also-grim fantasy that gets readers hooked!

In conclusion: 84.5/100
I loved reading this story, it was interesting. Your writing has so much potential, it will get better as you fix mistakes. I wish you good luck in the future!