જ Right to Die જ ☾Aurora☽

Reviewer:  auroralanguor
Author: avadel
Book: Right to Die.

 Title: 9/10
The title gives a strong bond feeling and foreshadowed a significant amount of the action that is found in the content. I feel the title is very fitting. 

 Cover: 9/10
Really liked the cover. A touch blurry, but the contrast in colors, the design around the title, and the addition of subtle things like the beanie were very apt. 

  Blurb: 10/10 
 Phenomenal blurb. I have no notes. 

 Creativity/Originality: 10/10
I think your overall creativity and imagination when selecting names, personality traits, plot devices, motivations, and descriptive scenes is very refreshing and allows readers who may not even enjoy action or sci-fi genres to indulge. The story really speaks to the immense potential of your writing beyond just the world you've created here. 

 Plot/Flow: 19/20
Great opener. I was a bit anxious that you might try to throw too much information at the reader in the first chapter and make it a bit tedious to get through, but I think you gave a good amount of information before the fire scene. The fire rescue was unexpected, and it made me appreciate the honor of the cause that M'yu is fighting for which in turn I think solidifies the audience's connection to him as a main character. Him picking a name and moving to the capital were both inventive plot choices which furthered the infiltration plot line along nicely. Certain things I will mention in the notes below about the specific scene changes and plot modification suggestions we spoke about.

 Characters: 10/10
The characters have motivation and feel extremely well thought out. M'yu especially is so well rounded as a character it's easy to slip into the story and get lost in his worldview. The characters names are also very well suited to the story, and they all complement the world in a way that leaves no question if these personalities belong in the setting. I typically don't like overtly shrewd characters, but M'yu's cheekiness is refreshing and written in a way that doesn't feel manufactured whatsoever. The other characters are just as complimentary to the progression, but I really enjoyed M'yu's perspective. 

 Writing style/grammar: 10/10
Your style is very clearly adaptive, and I think the ability to shift tones in the middle of a scene is a very hard skill that you have very skillfully employed. The overall style is quick and fosters a really helpful excited energy when you're shifting from action scene to new information. I wish more dystopian novels had the pace and liveliness that your book does. 

 Genre relevance: 10/10
Very clearly dystopian / sci-fi / fantasy novels are in a boom right now, so there is an ample reader base looking to get lost in a new exciting world. 

 Reading enjoyment: 9/10
Amazing flow and great characters make this a really enjoyable book even though it's not my typical genre. Overall: 96 /100

Notes on Plot: 
Scenes I think the chapter at the beginning which is meant to introduce the crew and the world should do both of those things, but should definitely focus on building a clearer picture of the world before deep diving into other characters. I think a great way to seamlessly do this is to describe a lot of things that he observes in the world as we already know M'yu is very observant and shrewd with utilizing the things and space around him. Perhaps they're in a car or train on the way to the Magnate which allows him to take in his surroundings before everything happens - the same type of calm before the storm feeling we get when he leaves the message and goes over to the capital willingly. This deep observation may reduce the unexpectedness of the fire rescue, but certainly adds to the believability that he had memorized the inside of the house and was composed enough to save the girl.