Chapter 1 - Sweater

"So, what do you plan to do when we return, young master?" Gideon asked as he held on the reigns attached on Snow. 

"Hmmm? What do you mean?" Pier asked as he stretched a little bit.

They were now inside a small room that they have rented for the night in Stone City.

"The whole kingdom will be in chaos now that you have returned after going missing for a few months, young master" Gideon reminded him and Pier turned his head to look outside the window.

The winds were now starting to get cold and he knew that it was the time of the year where snow would soon fall on the ground.

"In chaos huh" Pier spoke as he leaned on his right arm while he lazily stared outside. 

"Is it bad if I cause one?" Pier asked randomly while he was pulling on his partially long white hair that hadn't been cut in months. 

Gideon kept quiet as he listened to his master's words. 

Gideon Woodlock was a commoner knighted at the age of nineteen.

He had astounding talent when it comes to swordsmanship and was the eye of envy for a few. 

However, in front of the Belmiunde's, he was still a novice swordsman who quickly rose in ranks because he had been personally trained by the Headmaster himself.

He was a knight who would've taken a lot further to grow if he did not became acquainted with his young master.

All of his gratitude was directed for Pier since the latter had saved his life and had given him new heights to reach.

Now the question was, will Gideon Woodlock remain by his master's side even if Pier wanted to cause chaos at the kingdom?

He would.

His loyalty now all belonged to Pier and whatever his master's orders would also be his deeds.

"It wouldn't be if it is you, young master" He spoke and Pier turned to look at him before laughing.

"It wouldn't you say?" Pier asked as he stood up from the stool he was sitting on. He wanted to explore more around Stone City but night was already approaching them in a quick manner.

---

"Your Highness!" Asher turned his head to look at Elena.

The noble woman who had copper hair and beautiful face smiled when the Crown Prince's gaze was directed at her.

"My lady" Asher spoke in a soft manner as he approached Elena.

The two had been spending more time together after the Crown Prince was diagnosed with a broken and numb arm. Asher had been stripped off of his responsibilities for the meantime while his hand was healing.

"How is his highness' arm?" Elena asked and Asher looked at his now moveable hand. 

"It is still in the process of healing, my lady" The Crown Prince replied and Elena nodded her head.

"If I may be so bold to ask but can I accompany his highness while he takes a walk?" She asked and Asher stopped for a moment.

He observed Elena and soon nodded his head.

"Please do, my lady" the two then proceeded to walk on the palace garden.

"How are you doing these days, my lady?" Asher asked as he linked his left and uninjured arm with Elena's right arm. 

While the two walked, Elena was talking about how she was starting to take up more classes especially in the management of their territory.

"It has been going good, your highness. The Marquis had been staying at our territory now for the winter nights and I have been grateful since my father can spare his knowledge about ruling our mines" She spoke proudly in which Asher smiled in return.