Chapter 148 - Prison

Cold water dripped from the moist walls and the eerie feeling of creatures crawling around was terrifying. The moss-covered cement floor along with the bricked walls was emitting a strange and uncomfortable vibe to whoever might touch them.

"Throw her in the cellar!" A knight wearing thick silver armor spoke before the others following his command dragged someone from the upper floor of the prison unto the lowest portions of the underground dungeon.

Their footsteps were squelching the thick moss growing on the floor and water seeped out from the patch of the plant.

Clanging noises were heard as the knight rummaged through the sets of keys in his hand until he finally opened the gatelike fence that served as the prison room.

"Ugh!" She grunted when her hair was pulled and she was dragged along with it. Her body was then thrown inside the cell and she hit the cold hard floor.

"Aye, we better leave her alone or we might be accused of conspiration with a traitor!" The knight spoke while looking at her with a disgusted expression.

"No... NO! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!" She screamed and wailed. Trying to force the metal fences of the cell, she continued to shake it with her remaining strength but it was all in vain.

"No..." Her voice broke completely when the knights left the lowest floor of the underground prison and the silent darkness that crept through every corner gave her the chills.

Once the brightest star of the kingdom, now an abomination that had fallen from grace.

Her clothes were wet and dirty. The once luscious pale skin that attracted the eyes of many noblemen was laced with scars after being injured and dragged around for the past months like a slave.

She was even lower than a slave now.

She had been deemed as a traitor of the kingdom and her place was taken away from her.

"No..." She repeated again in hopes that a miracle would happen and imaginably take her away from the wretched prison filled with vile things.

"Father..." Her calls of plea to the man who ran away from the kingdom ricocheted through the walls and it was slowly driving him insane.

How long had she been in the underground prison?

A month.

There were plenty of floors in the prison and she was initially taken to the highest and superficial floors at the starting days. However, as time passed by, she was constantly taken lower and lower until she reached the final floor of the dungeon.

What could a lady like her do in this situation? She was not strong enough to bend the metal gates preventing her from coming out nor did she have any support to take her out of prison.

"Didn't I tell you not to mess with his majesty?" She flinched when she heard a voice from somewhere in the cellar.

Soon, the torch that was ignited with flames illuminated the dark corners and her eyes widened when she saw who it was.

"I told you not to mess with his majesty but you did... you did... you did..." He repeated a few times.

His once lilac hair and profound face that emitted dignity and elegance were now filled with shock and horror that he looked insane.

"You... you messed with him!" The once attendant of the Crown Prince, Caspian Von Edenburgh, screamed as he held the metal fences strongly and with gritted teeth.

They were on the opposing sides and Elena shrieked in fear at the sight of the insane attendant.

"Now look..." His eyes were wide and his pupils were dilated. He was staring in a single direction alone while speaking to the lady.