Chapter 46 - The Sun and Moon (2)

A/N: I know this isn't a wedding but I was listening to "Beautiful in White  X  Canon in D" played by Riyandi Kusuma on YouTube while I wrote this chapter. I recommend you do the same and play it right from the start so you can have a better reading experience.

---

The stars shone brightly above them. They twinkled in the distant sky and they were giving comfort to the young master who was standing on the edge of the cliff.

"Your Highness" Pier called as he turned his head to the kneeling prince on the ground.

Asher looked up and tears continued to stream down his face.

His heart was breaking in every aspect and his chest hurt.

He knew it would already end with this, he knew that the affections he had for the young master in the past months did not matter.

He was after all, chasing on the moon that drifted far from him.

"Please rise, your highness. You should not kneel to anyone" Pier spoke as he went closer to the weeping prince. 

"Your clothes are the symbol of elegance in the kingdom"

'Wrong'

"You're the light of our people"

'Wrong' 

"You're the ruler that everyone needs for a better future"

'Wrong' 

Wrong, they were all wrong. Asher could not agree in a single word that the young master had said. No, it was all pointless.

How could the sun rule when the one that governs the silent knight was now out of his reach.

How could he-

"Your Highness" Pier stood in front of him.

His white dress freely floated with the wind. His white hair was swaying along the gusts and his immaculate image of the most beautiful person was seen by the world.

"Think of me as your partner, not your possession" He spoke as magic manifested on Pier's hands and a flame bubble formed.

He directed it at Asher's direction and it enclosed the prince. 

Pier then grabbed the golden crown on the ground and dusted it off.

"You're hurt because the moon no longer desired your warmth" He continued as he placed the crown on Asher's head.

"Think of me as your ally and not your servant, you will see a better perspective" He then patted Asher's cheeks as he stood up.

"But you don't have to worry, your highness. Even if the moon drifted far away, it will still do its role in becoming the sun's counterpart" He offered his hands to the crown prince and Asher stared at the beautiful hands that he loved.

"The world still needs your light, your highness and I will be by your side as you spread your warmth on everything that you ruled upon" Asher went to grab Pier's hands and he also stood up. 

"The sun does not need to chase after the moon because he alone can exist without it" Pier started to dust off Asher's pants.

He was like a brooding caregiver over their young ones.

"It may be selfish of me to ask this, your highness" Pier spoke once he was done dusting off the dust in Asher's clothes.

He then proceeded to wipe the tears away from the Crown Prince's eyes.