Chapter 110 - Recordings

"THE LADY THAT CAUSED THE SAINT TO LEAVE THE KINGDOM IS HERE!" The man screamed and everyone turned their heads in Elena's direction.

"CURSE THE LADY!"

"GET OUT OF HERE!"

"ABOMINATION!"

Elena cowered in fear when she heard the different statements spoken by the people who were lining up just right outside the palace and into the temple.

It was horrifying.

Asher's eyebrows furrowed when he also heard them.

"Silence!" His loud voice rang out in the midst of the people and they all closed their mouths in the prince's command.

But of course, there were some who still chose to disobey.

"THE LADY IS THE REASON WHY MANY ARE DYING DUE TO THE SICKNESS! THE SAINT HAS LEFT AND NO ONE IS HERE TO CURE US!"

It was a selfish accusation but Asher understood their sentiments.

"The temple is doing its best to find the cure for the sickness! Fear not for we shall come close and holy magic will be able to heal everyone!" He spoke in reassurance but they scoffed.

How long has it been? Weeks had passed after the sickness started to circulate around the kingdom and there was still no definite answer from the temple if they can cure the illness.

"If only the lady did not treat the young master badly, he wouldn't have left the kingdom!" They continued to argue and Elena cowered from her spot. She instinctively took a step back and hide from the public's eye.

Accusations came crashing in left and right.

Maybe it wasn't the best time for the two to have taken a stroll on the palace hallways.

Asher wrapped his arms around Elena's waist to secure that the lady does not trip over her dress.

"Y-Your highness..." She spoke and hid behind the prince.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." Asher consoled her and the two went to turn their backs at the angry masses of people.

"SCRAM, LADY!"

"NEVER SHOW YOUR FACE TO US AGAIN!"

Elena's shoulders started to shake after hearing the statements they said.

It was hurtful, it was degrading. Never in her years of living as the marquis' daughter did she experience this type of shaming.

But as the two continued to head inside, they halted once more when they saw the nobles they met earlier.

Isaac and Trevor.

The former had a frown on his face while Trevor was staring at them with contempt.

"Serves you right." Isaac spoke under his breath but it was enough for Elena and Asher to hear. The man started to walk past them but he stopped when he was right beside Elena and Asher.

The prince tapped his shoulder making Isaac halt in his steps.

"Pardon, Earl Woodlock? Serves the lady right?" He also had a frown on his face.

"Yes. Serves that bitch right-"

Smack!

He did not get to finish his words when the crown prince's hand landed on his face and smacked him.

Isaac stumbled for a few times at the impact but he remained standing. A small amount of blood poured from the corner of his lips and both Elena and Trevor gasped at the sudden action.