Chapter 98 - Intentions and Reality

Ciaran observed as Pier's white hair was scattered in all directions while he soundly slept on the luxurious bed. The noble's breathing was calm and serene. It indicated peace within his slumber and it somehow reassured Ciaran even just for the smallest bit.

Combing his hands through Pier's locks, Ciaran continued to gaze at the ethereal sight below him.

"My King." He gently grabbed Pier's hand and kissed the back of it. His nose lingering on the soft and uncalloused skin.

"My King." Ciaran repeated. The title seems to have lingered on his mind and he cannot take the thought out.

'I have been blessed.' Closing his eyes, Ciaran's heart was pounding in his ears.

Pier was going to live with him now. There will no longer be any human nobles who would approach him and interrupt them. Ciaran no longer had to hide his Pier from the world.

He found the predicament quite a fortuitous one for him. The manipulative and pretentious beasts known as humans have injured Pier but, in the process, he got Pier now.

"I should thank them for directly giving you to me." He chuckled.

"But I also cannot forgive them. I'm not a good man, my love." Ciaran lowered his head and kissed Pier's forehead. The feeling of his lips touching the now denounced young master's smooth face was making him float in happiness.

Once he decided it was now finally the time to do his remaining tasks before Pier wakes up, Ciaran stood from his sitting position and started to walk towards the door.

But not before ensuring one thing.

"Gather." Black smoke filled the entire room except it strayed far away from Pier. The smoke did not touch the white-haired noble at all.

One by one, Ciaran's strongest shadows rose from the void he always carries.

The dead sword master, the dead priestess, and the dead fairy.

Three powerful creatures in their own realms all stood there unmoving; waiting for the vampire king's command.

"Guard him. Kill anyone who dares to step foot inside the chambers or those who seek to take a look at him. Humans, vampires, any other creatures. Kill them." Giving his instructions, the dead creatures lowered their heads in recognition.

"Even if it means you will forever die and your souls shall dissipate into nothingness, guard him at all costs until I get back." His eyes glowed red and his shadows no longer move.

Ciaran's command was absolute once they became his shadows.

"Even if it means you have to kill the vampires whom I rule, do it."

He was not a benevolent creature.

Raised in the depths of the most dangerous place in the continent, Ciaran knew no mercy.

If the world has to die just for the sake of Pier, he would not hesitate to do it.

Unlike Pier, he was not a hero nor was he a saint. He was aiming to be the reincarnation of darkness just so he could cover the white-haired human under his wing.

The black smoke surrounding the room thickened and Ciaran disappeared in plain sight.

---

He held his sword tightly. The intricate designs on the shining material were glistening under the snow.

Blood was pouring out from the mouth and neck of a person kneeling on the sinister and crestfallen ground.

"K-Kurkh..." The man could not even speak as the blood gushed out like a fountain from his body.