Chapter 83 - Reality

"Please refrain from touching me anymore, your highness. It makes me uncomfortable." Pier spoke when they were the only ones left on the stairs going to the fifth floor where Pier's chambers are located.

"But-"

"Goodness! Use your brain! Stop touching me. It irks something unpleasant in me." Pier forcefully removed the crown prince's arm from his shoulders and Asher flinched at the action Pier made.

"I'm sorry-."

"Yeah, you're always sorry. You do something unpleasant and come up with an 'I'm sorry'. I mean, at least have something new. It's getting more and more pathetic to listen every single day." Pier rolled his eyes and walked further ahead of the prince.

Pier stopped walking on the steps and he sighed. Asher also paused in his movements and halted when Pier turned his head in his direction.

"I clearly rejected you a few times now. Why do you keep insisting yourself towards me? Are you that desperate? Do you wish to become how the old me acted before?" Pier questioned him and the prince could not find the words to utter.

"Don't you have a lady you're courting with? Isn't she your lover? Why? Do you still want to pressure me into becoming your concubine-"

"Pier, no!" He interjected immediately when he saw where the topic was heading towards.

"It's not like that-."

"Then what is it?! Stop touching me affectionately nor try to talk to me as if I am your closest friend because we aren't!" The young master raged and Asher saw how Pier clenched his hands.

"You are a stranger I have to deal with every single day and I am slowly losing my patience with you, Asher. Distance yourself. I hate it when you come near me. The putrid and disgusting stench of our broken relationship keeps on reminding me every single day that you are one of the reasons I died before!" Pier screamed as he breathed hard.

"Are you into roleplaying now, Asher? Do you want me to play the role that you had before all of this shit happened? Do you desire to feel the pain of being ignored? Do you want me to constantly reject you? Does it somehow turn you on?" Pier asked him and both of Asher's eyebrows rose in surprise at the words.

"PIER, NO! HOW COULD YOU THINK OF ME LIKE THAT!" He retorted back and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"THEN STOP BOTHERING ME! GO AND ENJOY THE WINTER WITH ELENA AND LEAVE ME ALONE! I.DO.NOT.NEED.YOU!" He placed emphasis on every single word that he said especially on the final sentence.

"I'm just trying to help-."

"You can help by staying away from me. Can you do that?" Pier stared at him with an expressionless gaze and Asher froze in his spot.

"The moment you cut the final strand of my hope, it signified my new beginning. No more Asher, no more Elena, no more of the hurt I went through. Enough. Let me live my life and live yours." The monotonous voice of the person Asher had been thinking of for the previous months that he could not get out of his head entered his ears.

"Weren't you the one who told me that you're already old enough to marry? Go, marry her. If you wanted to have concubines, there are many ladies who would willingly throw themselves to the fire just to become your lover." Pier chuckled as he turned his back on the prince.

"But I do not desire that fire. It burned me until I twisted in pain and agony. Let me live in the darkness and I'll let you live in the light. That's it."

The young master started to walk up the stairs again until he reached the final step and he reached the hallways of the fifth floor.

He did not even wait for the prince anymore and Asher was left in the middle of the empty steps staring at the ground.