Chapter 84 - Inception of the Dark

Ciaran started to walk inside the hole his shadows have dug in the borders of the Yuko Boundary.

It was dark and unsettling. The vampire prince wasn't even sure that he would be able to enter the forbidden region without his body turning into dust the moment he enters its premises.

Slowly, he inched his way further inside the humungous cave-like hole dug.

He kept on sighing. Nervousness creeping up his spine.

He wouldn't have to go through so much danger especially if the risk is too high just for a single shadow soldier.

But he needed this. He needed this shadow soldier in order to achieve a step higher than the other candidates to be the sovereign of darkness.

"Master... kurkh..." the dead sword master called beside him and Ciaran turned his head to look at the undead.

"Wait for me at the boundary's borders. I will immediately transfer when I finish the job." After instructing the dead sword master, the vampire prince immediately started to trudge again in the hole underground.

Step

Step

He breathed hard when he knew he was now underground of the forbidden region.

It was too quick for him to notice but Ciaran's own magic power was getting depleted at a minimal level.

He wasn't casting any extravagant spells nor was he summoning all of his shadows for his magic to start dropping but it was being consumed by the forbidden region.

"Fuck." He cursed and pushed his hair back. The temperature kept on getting warmer as he headed inside.

He was now at a considerable distance from the boundary and as he went inside, his magic continued to get depleted.

But no, he cannot go back now nor does he plan on doing so anytime soon.

Dark magic started to surround his body and the prince's eyes glowed red. He felt his feet get lighter and his movements were faster.

"I won't be able to reach the center if I simply walk." He continued to manifest his magic in order to enhance his body.

He'd rather consume his magic faster and reach the region's center quicker than it being consumed by the forbidden region without actually being utilized into something useful.

"Haste."

In the blink of an eye, the vampire prince sprinted extremely fast. Almost like the wind, Ciaran's shadow even lagged behind him.

"Who dares to go inside?"

He abruptly paused when he heard something speak.

"Respond or I will end your life immediately."

His breath was caught in his throat when Ciaran felt his heart pound faster.

"I came here to offer you a proposal." He spoke despite his lungs running out of air.

The voice did not speak anymore and Ciaran continued to head further.

'That's the creature.'

He thought and started to head deeper.

It was too powerful that he wasn't at the center yet, the creature was already able to restrict his breathing at an alarming rate.

'Even in the afterlife, it still is able to act on the living world.' He gritted his teeth and his jaw tightened.

It was too dangerous.