Chapter 34 - In My Arms Again

A/N: Song is "Passing By" by Yiruma on YouTube! You can play it right at the start and just continue repeating it until the chapter ends.

For those reading in their mobile app, you can read this chapter on your phone's browser instead so the music will not stop as you scroll.

---

A hero? Pier Belmiunde became a hero and his knight was now known as a criminal?

Ciaran was baffled as he still could not believe what he had just heard from the old lady earlier that day.

Starting from the commotion the knight caused and until the young master remained standing while he defended against the strong magical energy the former released.

His eyes glared at the thought of Pier getting all bloodied up and losing consciousness.

He looked up and the tower that was on the west wing of the Royal Palace greeted his eyes.

The tall structure soared through the skies and Ciaran could still imagine Pier defending with a giant magic circle on top of it.

There were countless floors on the tower's west wing and based from what he heard from the old lady that knew Pier and the knight,

'The young master is said to be kept on the highest floor of the palace's right wing tower. Priests visit the young master daily for their healing and knights will Royal Knights will guard his room at all times' 

He was estimating how long it would take him to climb the highest point of the tower where he could finally see Pier.

Pier.

The name resonated in his mind and suddenly, Ciaran felt warmth scatter through his chest.

He wanted to see Pier badly, to see the person who captivated his heart with all the sass and attitude.

He wanted to see the young master who liberated the vampires from the threat of the monsters and the home giver to them.

His hands clenched in excitement but it also meant that if he did see Pier on the top floor of the tower, it would mean that the young master was indeed in a state of slumber for a long time now.

He was worried, so much that he just wanted to sit beside Pier now. 

Ciaran did not waste further more time as he opened his palm and chanted his magic spell. It was already night time and based from the information he got, the priests and mages have done guarding Pier now. All that's left were the knights.

"Gather" He whispered and slowly, darkness started to crawl from his feet.

Bigger

Bigger

Until it was big enough for a few of his shadows to come out from the endless pit of darkness he possessed.

"Climb up the highest floor" Ciaran instructed a formless shadow and he pointed his hands up.

Following its master's command, the formless shadow started to climb the tower of the palace's west wing.

It was slow but secure. Each time the formless shadow takes a step further up the bricked wall, his heart pounded faster.

He was finally going to meet Pier.

To meet the person he loves.

His face flushed and he had to remind himself multiple times to focus on casting his shadow magic so he can reach the top of the tower.