Chapter 37 - God Save the Future King

A/N: Song is "Play With Fire" by Sam Tinessz on YouTube! You guys can listen to it right from the start for a better reading experience.

---

Everyone including the Crown Prince all were frozen in their spot at the young master's declaration.

"W-What..." Asher dumbfoundedly asked as he stared at the young master who's wearing a white long suit. 

"Pier..." He lightly called with his eyes wide and his voice shaking.

He stood up from his seat as his mind was blank. He did not hesitate to take large strides towards Pier who was standing at the stake.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" Elena called as she saw the Crown Prince go towards the young master's direction.

However, Asher was not listening. He had an all too dazed look on his face as he stared at the person holding a flaming sword.

"Pier... you're awake" Asher called gently as the white hair he had come to adore just like the luscious black one was in his sight.

The pale skin that he would always pamper with care and the beautiful face that he would always come to love, they were all in front of him. 

Step

Pier also took a step towards him. His glowing eyes made the viewers all shiver in fear and they started to take a step back.

The environment was too tense, everyone did not want to make a move an run away immediately as they were afraid the young master would come after them first.

Step

He continued to walk towards Asher while the latter was also walking towards him.

The silence became the source of tension.

The citizens and the nobles who were watching the scene in front of them had their mouths closed and their eyes opened wide.

It was too terrifying, seeing the young master surrounded with an immense power feels like hell itself had come to manifest on land.

"YOUR HIGHNESS, STEP BACK!" A knight called as he immediately went to stand in front of Asher. The Crown Prince still did not answer. He only stared at Pier who was approaching him.

'He's awake, Pier's awake' He thought as he continued to take larger steps towards Pier.

"YOU DARE TO THREATEN HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS OF KILLING HIM!" The knight shouted as he took an attacking stance in front of Pier.

"IMMEDIATELY PROTECT HIS HIGHNESS!" He called and the other knights who were too stunned to move came back in their senses.

Hearing the threat of the awakened young master, they all stood in front of Asher and Caspian who was quiet since earlier also held the Crown Prince back.

"W-WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS, YOUNG MASTER?!" Elena shrieked as she also went down from the seat and immediately held on Asher's arm.

Tears were freely flowing down her face and she had a distraught look.

Pier halted in his tracks as he saw the sight in front of him.

The Crown Prince wearing his usual royalty clothes with his sword beside him.

The future queen of the kingdom who was holding on to the unresponsive prince's arm.

An assistant that does not hesitate to put himself in front of the lines just to protect Asher.

Dozens of knights wearing silver armor and holding refined swords, putting their life at risk just to remove the threat on the Crown Prince's life.